• Name: White Oak Plantation
• Location: Ringgold, Ga., off Old Alabama Road. Available public schools include Ringgold Primary School, and Ringgold Middle and High schools.
• Status: Four houses are under construction, and about 20 lots are left for purchase. When complete, the subdivision will boast 215 homes.
• Price: Homes cost from $180,000 to $250,000, for from 1,600 to 1,800 finished square feet. Homes include three bedrooms and two bathrooms, and some have unfinished basements.
• Features: Elegant homes make the neighborhood a joy to drive through. The combination of Hardie siding and masonry foundations and fronts is an effective one, and as a bonus is long-lasting and energy efficient. The windows are Low-E-270, which keeps the air inside at the desired temperature while using much less power. The usual luxuries such as tile showers, granite countertops and wood floors are present, as well as custom cabinetry, specialty ceilings and generous decks overlooking large yards. Homes have fireplaces with integrated entertainment centers and two- or three-car garages
• Amenities: Neighbors can congregate and enjoy the weather at the community pool or take advantage of the clubhouse. The neighborhood is only about a two-mile drive from the interstate, and is near downtown Ringgold with easy access to Dalton or Chattanooga. Landscaping is included, as are wrought-iron, lighted mailboxes.
• Fees: $360 per year
• Developers: Jerry Hawthorne and Charlie Whitmire
• Builders: Darrell Baggett, Sherman Smith and Todd Queen
• Contact: Donnette Moore — 355-0231
Ellis Smith joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press in January 2010 as a business reporter. His beat includes the flooring industry, Chattem, Unum, Krystal, the automobile market, real estate and technology. Ellis is from Marietta, Ga., and has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication at the University of West Georgia. He previously worked at UTV-13 News, Carrollton, Ga., as a producer; at the The West Georgian, Carrollton, Ga., as editor; and at the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, ...
related articles »
Secluded south of the Georgia border near East Brainerd Road, the neighborhood boasts spectacular views of the countryside and a ...
This suburban neighborhood is on Ooltewah-Georgetown Road, just past Green Gap Road. The subdivision is about eight minutes from Ooltewah ...
The subdivision is in Dayton, Tenn., on the Double S road. It’s a minute from downtown. Northgate shopping district in ...
The subdivision is a short jaunt from Big Ridge Elementary, and children may also attend Hixson Middle and High schools.