The Quail Ridge neighborhood in Dayton, Tenn., features middle-class homes with large yards and upgrades typically available only in much more expensive houses. Recreational opportunities, including boating and hiking, are only minutes away. Staff photo by Ellis Smith/Chattanooga Times Free Press
• Name: Quail Ridge
• Age: Established in 2006
• Location: The subdivision is in Dayton, Tenn., on the Double S road. It’s a minute from downtown. Northgate shopping district in Chattanooga can be reached in about half an hour. Elementary and middle-school students may attend Dayton City School, and high school students are served by Rhea County High School.
• Status: One house is under construction, another is for sale, five are occupied and seven are built of 18 lots cleared in the subdivision.
• Price: Homes cost from about $200,000 to $300,000 for roughly 1,600 to 3,500 square feet.
• Features: The front and foundation of all houses are constructed of masonry. Landscaping is included. Nearly every aspect of each home can be upgraded from the basic package. For example, fireplaces come standard, but a hand-carved mantel, custom-matched to the home’s cabinets, is an upgrade option. All homes have two-car garages, and bedrooms have double-tray ceilings and walk-in closets. All homes have upgraded, decorative entrances, and low-emission insulation, appliances and windows. Bonus rooms are fully furnished.
• Amenities: All dwellings have generous back porches from which to take in views of the surrounding mountains. Homeowners get up to two acres, and have access to a variety of activities. Activities are only a few minutes away.
• Developers: The Charles Blevins family
• Builders: Don W. Yawn Home Builders—619-2322
• Contact: Cindy Yawn, Best Realty—322-6987
Ellis Smith joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press in January 2010 as a business reporter. His beat includes the flooring industry, Chattem, Unum, Krystal, the automobile market, real estate and technology. Ellis is from Marietta, Ga., and has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication at the University of West Georgia. He previously worked at UTV-13 News, Carrollton, Ga., as a producer; at the The West Georgian, Carrollton, Ga., as editor; and at the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, ...
related articles »
about 240 total lots are planned for Providence Point, with 13 houses under construction and 11 for sale. The development ...
This suburban neighborhood is on Ooltewah-Georgetown Road, just past Green Gap Road. The subdivision is about eight minutes from Ooltewah ...
• Name: The Reserve at Battlefield Crossing
The subdivision is a short jaunt from Big Ridge Elementary, and children may also attend Hixson Middle and High schools.