A man sustained second and third degree burns to 90 percent of his body early this morning in a camper fire, according to Chattanooga Fire Department.
Anthony Webb, 52, was found sitting unclothed on the front steps of a home at 4031 Kellys Ferry Road in Lookout Valley after his brother rescued him from a camper fire near the property just after 4 a.m., according to a released statement.
Tommy Webb, Webb’s brother, told investigators that the two men were staying the camper and were using a propane heater to stay warm when Anthony Webb’s clothes somehow caught on fire. He told authorities he was able to extinguish the flames on his brother’s body and take him to a nearby residence.
He then went back to try and extinguish the camper fire but it was already consumed in a blaze.
Anthony Webb was taken to Erlanger hospital and is expected to be transferred to a burn unit in Augusta, Ga.
related articles »
Firefighters extinguished a house fire in Harrison Bay this morning.
A 20-year-old woman was critically burned at a gas station after her boyfriend lit a cigarette as she was pumping ...
A Chattanooga woman burned in a fire at a gas station Thursday night is in critical but stable condition in ...
Two people are dead and two more in critical condition in separate house fires this morning, officials said.