Most government offices, banks and other businesses will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day.
• East Tennessee FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers will be closed Monday.
• The U.S. Postal Service will not deliver mail on Monday.
• CARTA Care-a-van, fixed route and downtown shuttle buses will operate on a Saturday schedule Monday. The Lookout Mountain Incline Railway will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• All Tennessee Department of Transportation construction was suspended as of noon Friday and will resume 6 a.m. Tuesday.
• Chattanooga garbage collection will continue as normal over the holiday.
• East Ridge trash won’t be collected Monday. Garbage from the north side of Ringgold Road to the Terrace/Chattanooga area will be picked up Tuesday. Trash from the south side of Ringgold Road to the Georgia state line will be collected Wednesday.
• The Sequoyah Transfer Station for household trash disposal will be closed today through Monday. The recycling center will operate on normal hours Saturday, but be closed Monday.
• Dalton-Whitfield Solid Waste Authority facilities will be closed Monday. All centers will be open Tuesday, including the Westside Convenience Center, which is normally closed.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: