• Name: Nature Trail
• Location: Soddy-Daisy, north Hamilton County. The neighborhood is zoned for North Hamilton Elementary, Soddy-Daisy Middle and Soddy-Daisy High schools. Despite the rural setting and quiet location, the neighborhood is just a 30-minute drive from downtown Chattanooga.
• Status: Two homes are finished and three more are under construction.
• Price: Prices start at $180,000 and go up to $220,000 with homes sizes between 2,000 square feet and 2,100 square feet. All homes are single-story with a basement, and contain three bedrooms and three bathrooms.
• Features: Features include finished basements with full bathrooms in the basements, two-car garage with painted floors, granite countertops, ceramic tile kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms; hardwood dining rooms, decorative trim in the dining room and stainless steel Kenmore appliances. Nine-foot ceilings give each house an airy feel, and the common area features decorative ceilings. Natural gas heating and air conditioning help keep utility bills low, and gas log fireplaces add an extra bit of heat in the winter. Outside, homes are built in the Craftsman style, using mountain stone.
• Amenities: All homes include a mountain view, and are a five-minute drive from the Soddy Creek boat ramp, which grants access to Chickamauga Lake. Because of the rural location, all homes qualify for 100 percent rural development financing. The master suite includes mosiac accents, a jetted tub and a walk-in closet.
• Developers/builders: Jay Bell, of Bell Development -- 760-1088
• Contact: Kaye Ivey -- 902-8186
Ellis Smith joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press in January 2010 as a business reporter. His beat includes the flooring industry, Chattem, Unum, Krystal, the automobile market, real estate and technology. Ellis is from Marietta, Ga., and has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication at the University of West Georgia. He previously worked at UTV-13 News, Carrollton, Ga., as a producer; at the The West Georgian, Carrollton, Ga., as editor; and at the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, ...