• Name: Belleau Village Townhomes
• Location: Located off Igou Gap Road near Jenkins Road, the East Brainerd development is in a quiet area with access to the hottest local shopping opportunities. The Chattanooga neighborhood is a seven-minute drive from Hamilton Place mall and the Gunbarrel Road shopping district, and is just a short drive from Interstate 75. Residents can access newly-created Enterprise South recreation area, as well as river and mountain activities within 20 minutes.
• Status: Of the development’s 51 total lots, 16 homes have been built and sold, and four more are under construction and for sale.
• Price: Home prices range from $210,000 to $225,000 for houses that range in size from 2,150 square feet to 2,250 square feet.
• Features: These traditional American-style homes feature screened-in porches, sodded front yards with sprinkler systems and maintenance-free exteriors with brick fronts. The interiors include tile floors in the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry rooms. Kitchens feature custom cabinets, granite countertops and tile backsplashes. Bathrooms all have walk-in tile showers, and master bedrooms are on the main floor. Homes also include fireplaces with entertainment area, a grilling patio beside screen porches and two-car garages with finishined floors and walls.
• Amenities: The neighborhood includes sidewalks throughout, which are lit by gas lamp-style matching wrought iron mailboxes.
• Developers/builders: Bell Development
• Contact: Jay Bell, 760-1088
Ellis Smith joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press in January 2010 as a business reporter. His beat includes the flooring industry, Chattem, Unum, Krystal, the automobile market, real estate and technology. Ellis is from Marietta, Ga., and has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication at the University of West Georgia. He previously worked at UTV-13 News, Carrollton, Ga., as a producer; at the The West Georgian, Carrollton, Ga., as editor; and at the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, ...