This list is updated at least weekly. A short version including imminent events appears on Fridays in the sports section. Submit items by email to email@example.com, by fax to 423-668-5049 or by mail to Sports Dept., Chattanooga Times Free Press, 400 E. 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403.
• 2013 10-under Scenic City Ducks select tryouts: Sept. 2, 2-4 p.m., Lookout Valley Recreation fields. Call Josh Kelley at 596-3909.
• Ringgold fall academy: Starts Sept. 5, pitching 6 p.m., defense 7:30, & Sept. 6, hitting 6 p.m.; six consecutive Wednesdays & Thursdays; 1 aspect $120, 2 aspects $180, all 3 $200. Contact coach Brent Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• FSS youth tournament: Sept. 22, Edwards Park, Dalton; 8- to 14-under. Contact Jerry Manis at email@example.com or 706-463-0461.
• Hoops Plus Recruiting Showcase: Sept. 15, Tennessee Temple University, 10 a.m. (sign-in starts at 9); for high school girls wanting chances to play in college; each player will be put on a team that plays 3 games; college coaches will attend. See www.HoopsPlus.org/Showcase.html or email HoopsPlus@gmail.com.
• 3-on-3 men’s tournament: Sept. 22, Red Bank High School; Chattanooga Grizzlies fundraiser; $75, deadline Sept. 16. Call Daniel C. Wright at 424-760-1873.
• Chattanooga Parks & Recreation adult flag signups: Underway for 6-game season & tournament; games at Washington Hills & East Chattanooga fields. Call Richard West at 643-6055.
• MCA Tee Off Un“teal” There is a Cure tournament: Sept. 14, 1 p.m., Bear Trace at Harrison Bay; 4-person team ($500) or register as individual ($150); benefits ovarian cancer research & local Helene Distefano Fund helping mothers with cancer; sponsorships $100 to $5,000. Call 800-347-6950.
• Chattanooga Chapter PGA pro-am: Sept. 17, Bear Trace at Harrison Bay.
• Shawn Adams Memorial ultimate tournament: Sept. 1-2, Camp Jordan Park, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday,9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday; entries full; 41 men’s, women’s & coed teams from as far away as Arkansas & Louisiana; free to spectators.
• Iron Junior Triathlon: Sept. 9. See www.sceniccitymultisport.com.
• Scenic City Lawn Mower races: Sept. 14, Bledsoe County Fair, Pikeville, 8 p.m. EDT (registration starts at 6); Sept. 22-23, ARMA national points race, Savannah Valley Speedway. Call Buster Hogan at 667-4905.
• Hyperflite Skyhoundz World Canine Disc Championship: Sept. 22-23, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m., AT&T Field; admission free but $1 donations suggested to benefit McKamey Animal Care and Adoption Center.
• 5K for FCA: Sept. 3, 8 a.m., Chattanooga State; 5k walk at 8:05, Kiddy 1k (ages 5-under) & Junior Marathon leg (ages 6-11) 9 a.m.; pre-registration $20 ($60 family), $10 cross country team runners & kids races, $15 cross country individuals, benefiting area Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Call Front Runner Athletics at 875-3642.
• CTC Elementary Cross Country Series: Sept. 6, 13, 20 & 27, Camp Jordan Park; 1-mile course from behind amphitheater; 3rd grade start 4:30 p.m., 4th grade 4:45, 5th grade 5 p.m. Contact Denny Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Steffes at email@example.com.
• North River association: Games start Sept. 8; $95 ($15 discount for additional family member),. See www.northriversoccer.com.
• Slowpitch coed league signups: Under way for play starting in September at Veterans Park, Soddy-Daisy. Call Jimmy Pickett at 544-5368.
• Chattanooga Parks & Recreation adult slowpitch signups: Under way for men’s, women’s & coed leagues at Summit of Softball; 12-game schedule. Call Richard West at 643-6055.
• Chattanooga State fall instructional program: Sept. 3-Nov. 27, Mondays & Tuesdays, 1 or more options of 6-7, 7-8 or 8-9 p.m.; ages 5-20; pitching, catching, hitting, defense, left-handed slapping & baserunning/agility lessons taught by coaches & players from national champion Lady Tigers; $20 per hour, pay as you go, attend as often as you want. Text 400-3103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with questions or to indicate interest.
• NSA girls tournament: Sept. 8, Dalton; 4-game guarantee; $150 for 8-under, $195 for 10-u, $210 for 12- & 14-u. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text Mark at 706-260-1807.
• FSS youth tournaments: Sept. 22, Oct. 13 & 20, Edwards Park, Dalton; 8- to 14-under. Contact Jerry Manis at email@example.com or 706-463-0461.
• Baylor Diving Club: Program starts Sept. 4, 6 p.m.; affiliated with USA Diving & open to anyone (masters program for ages 21-up). Contact John Bonds at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-8506, ext. 654.
• Baylor Swim Club: Year-round program affiliated with USA Swimming. See www.baylorswimming.org, e-mail email@example.com or call 267-8506, ext. 630.
• McCallie/GPS Aquatics year-round swimming: All ages and abilities. Call John Woods at 634-7606 or see swimscac.com.
• Racqueteers after-school program: Through Nov. 27, Warner Park; call Herb Barnett at 991-2855. Goup & private lessons, head instructor Michael Scott (635-6254).