* Holiday Safety Fair: Kohl's Department Store, Highway 153, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., free. Event sponsored by Kohl's and T.C. Thompson Children's Hospital at Erlanger's Safe and Sound Program; car seat demonstrations, bike and helmet safety, children's crafts and face painting. 778-9294.
* Holiday Studio Tour: Craft Artists of Southern Tennessee's tour of studios in Sewanee and Monteagle, Tenn. Take Interstate 24, exit 134, follow yellow signs. Tours maps at all tour locations and at In-Town Gallery and Blue Skies stores in Chattanooga. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. CST. Free. www.cast-taca.org.
* Singing Christmas Tree: Tivoli Theatre, 709 Broad St., 2 and 7:30 p.m., $10-$30. Chattanooga Boys Choir's 50th anniversary performance with Ballet Tennessee, CSO Youth Orchestra and CBC Alumni Choir. 642-TIXS.
* Yard sale: Lookout Baptist Church, Family Life Center, 8645 Highway 193 in the High Point community, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Proceeds will help fund youth travel to state retreat in Macon, Ga. 706-820-9452.
* Holiday Studio Tour: Craft Artists of Southern Tennessee's tour of studios in Sewanee and Monteagle, Tenn. Take Interstate 24, exit 134, follow yellow signs. Tours maps at all tour locations and at In-Town Gallery and Blue Skies stores in Chattanooga. Noon-5 p.m. CST. Free. www.cast-taca.org.
* Chattanooga Engineers Club: DoubleTree Hotel, 407 Chestnut St., noon, $16. Sharyn Moreland, director of the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, Chattanooga, will speak on services for small businesses. www.ChattanoogaEngineersClub.org.
* NAACP meeting: EPB Community Room, 10 W. M.L. King Blvd., 6 p.m., visitors welcome. Question-and-answer session with executive committee, refreshments. email@example.com.
* Chattanooga Scleroderma Group: Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation, first-floor outpatient conference room, 1 Siskin Plaza, 6 p.m., new group for scleroderma patients and their families. 886-6000.
* Season of Remembrance: Ceremony to honor victims and survivors of crime, Hamilton County/Chattanooga Courts Building arboretum, 11:15 a.m., free, sponsored by Partnership for Families, Children and Adults. Family members are asked to bring an ornament to hang on courthouse tree in memory or honor of loved ones. 697-3829.
* United Daughters of the Confederacy: Wally's Restaurant, 6521 Ringgold Road, 11 a.m., Missionary Ridge chapter 1777 open to any woman age 16 or older who has a Confederate ancestor. Program by Evelyn Lynch on "Christmas Surprises." 443-5856.
* Tabernacle Christmas Market: 101 Hooker Road, Rossville, Ga., two blocks west of Gordon Avenue traffic light, 6-10 p.m. Women's ministry fundraiser with vendors, live music and refreshments. 653-7171.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...