• Hutcheson on the Parkway, 4750 Battlefield Parkway; 1-5 p.m. Saturday, June 30; LoveLOUD on The Parkway, featuring inflatables, arts and crafts, music, food and rock climbing wall, is Catoosa Baptist Association-sponsored block party fundraiser for Mount Peria Baptist Church, which is seeking to rebuild after an April 27, 2011, tornado; 706-937-5323 or www.loveloud.org.
• Valley Memorial Baptist Church, 614 Browns Ferry Road; 7 p.m. Sunday; "God and Country Sunday" event features food, fireworks and bluegrass music by Mountain Faith of Sylva, N.C. (participants asked to bring lawn chairs); 821-5499.
• Brittsville Baptist Church, 2650 Brittsville Road, Georgetown, Tenn.; 6 p.m. Sunday; screening of film "Courageous"; 472-5177.
• Bartlebaugh Baptist Church, 6129 Champion Road; 1:45 p.m. Sunday; Four by Grace quartet featured at homecoming service/86th anniversary (lunch precedes service); 344-5207.
• Bread of Life Mission, West Fourth Street, Crossville, Tenn.; 1 p.m. today; block party gospel concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also at Fellowship Christian Church, 2847 Fairview Road, Madisonville, Tenn., 11 a.m. Sunday; Ball Play Tabernacle, Madisonville, Tenn., 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Chapel Hill United Methodist Church, 5149 East Valley Road, Dunlap, Tenn.; 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, June 30; Reborn event features speakers Justin Lookadoo and Jason Dildine, music from Roger Williams & The All Mixed Up Quartet, The Wayne Kerr Band and AnyGivenDay and food vendors; $20; 423-949-4847 or 423-718-1297.
• Hamlett Chapel, 2510 Cowart St.; 3 p.m. Sunday; song service in honor of the Rev. Mary Baker Hendricks, pastor; 267-6013.
• Philadelphia Baptist, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Friday; gospel concert features Joy Harvey & Persuaded and Harmony Gold Quartet; 706-891-5683.
Vacation Bible schools
• Belvoir Christian Academy, 800 Belvoir Ave.; 5:30-8:30 p.m. Monday-Friday (Good Shepherd and First Lutheran churches); theme: "Amazing Desert Journey: Where Jesus Leads Us Home" (includes dinner); 629-4661.
• East Brainerd Baptist Church, 1047 Graysville Road; 6:30-8:30 p.m. July 9-13; ages 3-rising sixth graders; theme: "Sonrise National Park"; 892-4253.
• First-Centenary United Methodist Church, 419 McCallie Ave.; 9:30 a.m.-noon Monday-Thursday; theme: "Sky: Everything Is Possible With God"; 756-2021 or firstcentenary.com.
• Hixson United Methodist Church, 5301 Old Hixson Pike; 9 a.m.-noon Monday-Friday; ages 4-fifth grade; theme: "Sky: Everything Is Possible With God"; 877-1246.
• Lookout Valley Baptist Church, 23 Lilac Ave.; 6-8:45 p.m. July 8-12; ages 4-fifth grade; theme: "Amazing Wonders"; 825-5335.
• One Accord Community Church, 343 Sweetland Drive, Red Bank; 6-8:30 p.m. July 8-12; ages preschool-adults; theme: "Amazing Wonders"; 875-8377 or oneaccord communitychurch.org.
• Pilgrim Congregational Church, 400 Glenwood Drive; 5:30-8 p.m. July 11-13; ages 3-11; 698-5682.
• Union Hill Baptist Church, 1800 N. Chamberlain Ave.; 5:45-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 5:45-9 p.m. Friday (Youth Explosion); ages 3-up; theme: "I Will Bless the Lord at All Times"; 629-7209 or 760-0177.
• Chattanooga Convention Center, 1150 Carter St.; 7-9 a.m. Thursday; Scenic City Women's Network Praise Breakfast features author, Synergy Women's Network founder and WhitbyForum president Carolyn Custis James and songwriter, musician and Music for Missions founder Eric Parker; $20; 698-6262 or www.WeAllAsk Why.com.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...