published Monday, November 5th, 2012

Woman injured from fire at St. Elmo home

House fire at 4703 St. Elmo Avenue
House fire at 4703 St. Elmo Avenue
Photo by Contributed Photo /Chattanooga Times Free Press.

A 72-year-old woman has been admitted for treatment and observation at Erlanger Medical Center after apparently suffering from smoke inhalation in a fire at a home at 4703 St. Elmo Avenue.

There was extensive smoke and water damage, officials said.

The home was occupied by the woman, her daughter and two grandchildren. She had made sure they had all gotten out, but evidently stayed inside too long, officials said, leading to her being taken to the hospital.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.