• Calendar: Email items to Karen Nazor Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org and Susan Pierce at email@example.com by Monday before the Sunday it appears. Include event name, date, hours, location, ticket price and phone.
• Photo layouts: Email four to six photos with left to right identifications to Karen Nazor Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or spierce@timesfree press.com. Include event name, location and who fundraiser benefited.
• Contacts: Karen Hill at 757-6396 or Susan Pierce at 757-6284.
SATURDAY. Champagne and Chocolate Rhoyal Affair, Southern Belle riverboat at Pier 2, 9 a.m.-1 a.m., $20. Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority fundraiser for Gamma Theta Sigma chapter's philanthropic events. 987-3356.
• Doggie Paddle Pool Party, Warner Park Pool, McCallie Avenue at Holtzclaw, noon-3 p.m., $10 per pooch includes goody bag while supplies last. Benefit for McKamey Animal Center allows dogs to swim in Olympic-size pool before it is drained for the winter. www.mckameyanimalcenter.org.
8-9 Polo Matches, Bendabout Farm, U.S. Highway 11, McDonald, Tenn., 10 a.m. Sept. 8, 2 p.m. Sept. 9. Free, donations accepted for 6th Cavalry Museum in Fort Oglethorpe, Ga. Bring folding chair for seating.
15 ESA Taster's Luncheon, St. Stephen's Catholic Church, 7111 Lee Highway, 10 a.m., $15. Benefit for Walter E. Boehm Birth Defects Center includes auction, buffet lunch, fashion show. 266-5215.
• Low Country Shrimp Boil, Hart Gallery, 10 E. Main St., 6-9 p.m., $50. Benefits outreach to help homeless and other nontraditional artists create and sell their artwork. 521-4707.
25 First Things First banquet, Chattanooga Convention Center, 6:30 p.m., $75. Fifteenth anniversary celebration featuring Sean Astin, actor and son of Patty Duke. 267-5358.
27 Cabaret, Bessie Smith Cultural Center, 200 E. M.L. King Blvd., 7 p.m., $50, $85 couple. Fundraiser for Choral Arts of Chattanooga. 255-2195.
29-30 Family Promise Campout, First Tennessee Pavilion, 5 p.m. Sept. 29 to 7 a.m. Sept. 30. Participants bring their own tent or cardboard box, eat from a soup kitchen and spend the night outdoors to experience what it's like to be homeless. Benefits Family Promise of Greater Chattanooga. 756-3891.
5 Spaghetti Supper, Red Bank Lions Club, 3704 Dayton Blvd., 5-7 p.m., price to be announced, benefits The Fisher House. 876-4411.
6 Greater Than Myself benefit concert, Boys and Girls Club of America, 385 Third St., Cleveland, Tenn., 2-6 p.m., free, donations accepted for Destiny Community Fellowship. www.destinycommunityfellowship.com
3 Party Like a Rock Star at American Bandstand, Marriott Convention Center ballroom, 2 Carter Plaza, come dressed as a rock star. Tickets are $75 before Oct. 1, $100 after that. Shopping, dinner, rock star parade, live and silent auctions to benefit American Lung Association of Tennessee. 629-1098.
15 Three Blind Wines, The Mill, 1601 Gulf St., 6 p.m., $30. Dinner, wine-tasting with live and silent auctions to benefit Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. 615-255-1167.