The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is sponsoring a week of spirit-building activities leading up to its homecoming football game with Appalachian State on Sept. 22.
• Monday: Homecoming Kickoff with campus pep rally at Heritage Plaza, Vine Street, 11:50 a.m. Announcement of homecoming court members; UTC band, cheerleaders and Sugar Mocs lead cheers. Free and open to the public.
• Tuesday: Student lip-sync competition, McKenzie Arena, 8 p.m. Free and open to the public.
• Wednesday: Homecoming field games, Heritage Plaza/Challenger Field. 3:45 p.m. Students compete in field games such as Trout Joust, tug of war and bed races. Spectators welcome.
• Thursday: Homecoming Tap Party, Big River Grille, 222 Broad Street, 5 p.m. UTC Gold Council hosts party with special UTC Homecoming Brew. Free and open to the public.
• Thursday: Step Down, McKenzie Arena, 8 p.m., student organizations' competition. Free and open to the public.
• Friday: UTC Homecoming Golf Tournament, Valleybrook Golf and Country Club, 12:30 p.m. shotgun start, proceeds help fund alumni programming and student scholarships. To register: mocsconnect.com.
• Friday: Community pep rally, Miller Plaza, noon, free and open to the public.
• Friday: New family movie night, behind Challenger Center at campus field along Palmetto Street, 8 p.m., free. Alumni, students, faculty and staff invited to bring their families and lawn chairs to watch "Toy Story."
• Saturday: Breakfast with Coach Huesman, University Center, Chickamauga Room on third floor, 8 a.m., $8 per person and registration required. Join UTC Mocs Club for preview of the game. For reservations: 425-4773.
• Saturday: Campus tours, beginning from Lansing Court between the University Center and Maclellan Gym, 10 a.m., 1.5-hour tours led by students, wear comfortable walking shoes. Free but registration required: mocsconnect.com
• Saturday: Tailgating begins at 3 p.m. in and around First Tennessee Pavilion. The football game kicks off at 6 p.m. in Finley Stadium. For game tickets, call 266-MOCS. Alumni receive discounted tickets with an alumni card at the box office.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: