* Thatcher Smith, Boyd-Buchanan: He was 4-for-5 with two RBIs in the Bucs' 8-7 baseball win over Silverdale.
* Jake Moon, Meigs County: He was 3-for-3 with two home runs and four RBIs in the Tigers' 14-0 win over Tellico Plains.
* Alex Armstrong, Baylor: He was 2-for-3 with two RBIs in the Red Raiders' 10-8 win over Rhea County.
* Josh Taylor, Chattanooga Christian: He was 2-for-3 and knocked in the winning run in the Chargers' 2-1 defeat of Grundy County.
* Zach Engram, East Ridge: He was 2-for-5 with a home run and three RBIs in the Pioneers' 11-7 victory over Arts & Sciences.
* Caden Ricketts, Soddy-Daisy: He was 2-for-3 with a home run, two RBIs and three runs scored in the Trojans' 16-2 win over Red Bank.
* Harrison Murphy, Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: They each went 2-for-4 in the Indians' 9-4 win over South Pittsburg.
* Austin Morris, Heritage: He earned the pitching victory in the first game of a doubleheader as well as knocking in the -winning run, then had a pair of RBIs in game two as the Generals swept Cedartown in the Region 7-AAAA playoffs.
* Haley Fugate, Bledsoe County: She had a home run and three RBIs in the Lady Warriors' 11-0 softball win over Chattanooga Christian.
* Maggie Horton, Grace Academy: She was 3-for-3 with a triple and four RBIs in the Lady Golden Eagles' 12-2 win over Silverdale.
* Haley Andrus, Baylor: She was 4-for-4 with two doubles in the Lady Red Raiders' 10-2 win over Central.
* Abbie Sewell, Boyd-Buchanan: She threw a five-inning shutout with nine strikeouts in the Lady Bucs' 10-0 win over Copper Basin.
* Tori Hansard, Marion County: She was 3-for-4 with a run scored and an RBI in the Lady Warriors' 14-4 win over Sale Creek.
* Chloe Grayson, Angel Davis, Meigs County: They each had a double and combined to go 5-for-8 with six RBIs as the Lady Tigers clinched the District 5-AA regular-season softball title by defeating Polk County 6-1.
* Kyle Gallups, East Hamilton: He had two goals and an assist in the Hurricanes' 6-0 soccer win over Hixson.
* Tad Whitaker, East Ridge: He accounted for all four goals -- three goals and an assist -- in the Pioneers' 4-0 win over Tyner.
* Joshua Brower, Chattanooga Christian: He had a goal and an assist in the Chargers' 3-0 win over Soddy-Daisy.
* Ryan Watkins, Boyd-Buchanan: He had a hat trick in the Bucs' 7-0 win over McMinn Central.
* Matthew Thurman, Silverdale Baptist Academy: He scored three goals in the Seahawks' 4-3 win over Sequoyah.
* Darwin Lom, Calhoun: He scored twice in the Yellow Jackets' 4-0 victory over Dade County.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress