Events and seminars
• Hixson Council Community Coffee at 8 a.m. Tuesday at Country Inn & Suites: 5000 New Country Drive. The event is free and open to the public.
• Ambassador Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Embassy Suites Chattanooga Hamilton Place: 2321 Lifestyle Way. The even costs $15 in advance, $20 at the door. Contact Brenda Harrison to register in advance at 763.4320 or email@example.com.
• Women-Owned Small Business Contracting Rule from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday at the BrightBridge Women's Business Center, 535 Chestnut St., Suite 161. Attendees will learn the basics about doing business with the government as a certified women-owned small business or economically-disadvantaged women-owned small business. This event is free and open to the public. Call 423-424-4220 to register.
• Mid Town Council Meeting at 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Out of the Blue Cafe, 3230 Brainerd Road. Former Judge Walter Williams will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• North Hamilton County Council meeting at noon Thursday at Budweiser of Chattanooga, 200 Shearer St. Sarah Weeks of the Clean Water Initiative will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Leadership Chattanooga Reception from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday at EPB's seventh floor Community Room, 10 M.L. King Boulevard.