Louisville running back Jeremy Wright (28) loses his helmet to a hit by Florida defensive back Matt Elam (22) in the second half of the Sugar Bowl NCAA college football game Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013, in New Orleans. (AP Photo/Butch Dill)Photo by Associated Press /Chattanooga Times Free Press.
1. OVER THE CLIFF AND BACK TO CONGRESS
After a contentious vote on the "fiscal cliff," the 113th Congress is sworn in, following one of the least productive terms in decades.
2. ANYTHING BUT A NORMAL SCHOOL DAY
Survivors of the Newtown rampage in Connecticut go back to school for the first time in a nearby town.
3. WHERE THE GOOGLE CEO WON'T BE ABLE TO TAKE HIS SMARTPHONE
The AP's Jean H. Lee reports Eric Schmidt is traveling on a humanitarian mission to North Korea.
4. CLINTON LEAVES HOSPITAL
She spent three days in New York receiving blood thinners to dissolve a blood clot in n her head.
5. BOEHNER BACKTRACKS ON BILL FOR SANDY VICTIMS
Facing outraged lawmakers, the House speaker scheduled two votes this month for roughly $60 billion in aid.
6. AL-JAZEERA CHASING AMERICAN VIEWERS
The Pan-Arab network seals a deal to take over Al Gore's Current TV.
7. FORECASTING FLU SEASON
Scientists are using weather data in their attempts to predict disease outbreaks.
8. WHY A SPERM DONOR WAS TOLD TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT
Kansas officials say the agreement the donor signed with a lesbian couple wasn't legal because a doctor wasn't used.
9. WHAT THE MILITARY IS PUNISHING KOREAN POP STAR FOR
Defense officials say Rain met with Korean actress Kim Tae-hee while he was serving mandatory military duty.
10. CARDINALS 'SHOCK THE WORLD' IN SUGAR BOWL
No. 22 Louisville made good on safety Calvin Pryor's promise and upset No. 4 Florida 33-23.