The Red Bank Fire Department this morning quickly put out a house fire at 112 Lynda Drive.
No one was in the home when firefighters arrived and found heavy smoke in a bedroom and fire in the attic. Firefighters extinguished the fire within minutes, containing damage to the bedroom and attic area.
According to Captain Richard Glover, the cause of the fire was a ceiling fixture which shorted out.
Damages are listed at $10,000. No injuries were reported.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: