• Name: Carefree Boat Club
• Owner: Darrell Jones
• Location: Lakeshore Marina
• Opened: June 1
• Staff: Two
• Service: The Carefree Boat Club maintains a small fleet of boats and allows members to take any craft out on the water. The goal is to give members the fun and convenience of boating without the hassle of maintenance and storage, said franchisee Darrell Jones. The business currently owns a wakeboard boat, deck boat, bow rider, pontoon and fishing boat. Members can either reserve a boat in advance or show up and take one out on the fly.
• Prices: $349 per month membership fee, plus variable start-up fee
• How it got started: The Carefree Boat Club at Lakeshore Marina is just one of about 30 franchised locations across the country, and members can use boats at any of the locations. Jones decided to open the location after he lived and worked in Florida and joined a boat club there. "I saw that this would be an excellent place for one of these locations," he said. "People love the variety."
• Initial investment: $250,000
• Five-year goal: In five years, Jones hopes to build his fleet from five boats to about 20 boats, and expects to have between 100 and 150 members.
• Website: www.carefreeboats.com/chattanooga
• Phone number: 866-620-3333
• Email: email@example.com
-- Compiled by Shelly Bradbury, who may be reached at 757-6525 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shelly Bradbury joined the Times Free Press as a business reporter in January 2013, after starting with the paper as a general assignment intern in July 2012. She is from Houghton, New York, and graduated from Huntington University in Huntington, Indiana, with a bachelor’s degree in journalism and minor in management. Before moving to Tennessee, Shelly previously interned with The Goshen News, The Sandusky Register and The Mint Hill Times. Outside the newsroom, Shelly enjoys ...
related articles »
Nooga Paws is a natural pet market that focuses on healthy, natural foods and recycled, post-consumer products.
Good World Goods moved from Hixson Pike to Brainerd Road, where the retail shop has about 10 times more space ...
Memorial Day diners will have one fewer place to eat this year — Top of the Dock, a bar and ...
We polled local experts for their favorite ways to dive into the city’s baby blues. Here are five great ways ...