published Saturday, March 2nd, 2013

2-year-old dies in house fire

SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. — A 2-year-old girl has died after a blaze broke out at her grandmother’s home.

The Shelbyville Times-Gazette reports the fire was reported late Saturday morning. Shelbyville Fire Chief Ricky McConnell said he thinks the blaze began with an electrical problem and originated in the room where the girl died.

The child’s grandmother suffered minor burns, but was able to get out of the house. Her grandfather wasn’t injured.

Sgt. Brian Crews of the Shelbyville Police Department said the grandparents were watching the girl while the child’s mother worked.

The girl’s identity wasn’t immediately released.

about Associated Press...

The Associated Press

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.