• Calendar: Email items to Karen Nazor Hill at email@example.com and Susan Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday before the Sunday it appears. Include event name, date, hours, location, ticket price and phone.
• Photo layouts: Email four to six photos with left to right identifications to spierce@timesfree press.com. Include event name, location and who fundraiser benefited. Contact: Susan Pierce at 757-6284.
• Upcoming fundraisers:
8. McMinn County Gospel Choir Dinner, McMinn County High School cafeteria, 2215 Congress Parkway, Athens, Tenn., 6-8 p.m., $5 ticket includes bowl of chili, hot dog with slaw, chips, drink and dessert. Door prize tickets for $2 and $5. email@example.com.
10. Faces Unmasked, Chattanooga Theatre Centre, 400 River St., 5:30-8 p.m., $50 per person, art auction to benefit Faces: The National Craniofacial Association. 423-266-1632.
10. Pints For Peace, Sturmhaus Beer Market, 1120 Houston St., 6-9 p.m., free admission, $3 pints from Chattanooga Brewing Co.; Young Professionals Association hosts benefit for Partnership for Families, Children and Adults' family crisis services. 423-697-3828.
12. Banana Ball, Chattanooga Zoo, 301 N. Holtzclaw Ave., 6-11 p.m., $100 per person, $150 VIP ticket, fundraiser for ages 21 and older includes tour of zoo, music and dancing. 423-697-1319.
13. Cut Up For Life, Chattanooga Market, First Tennessee Pavilion, 1829 Carter St., 11 a.m.-4 p.m., $20 donation for massage, haircut or manicure, benefits Chattanooga CARES.
2. Gems for Hope, Chattanooga Golf and Country Club, 6:30 p.m., $1o0 per person, $150 couples, live and silent auctions of fine jewelry and gemstones, artwork and gift packages to benefit Walter E. Boehm Birth Defects Center. boehmbdc.com.
2. Party Like a Rock Star in the 1980s, The Chattanoogan, 1201 Broad St., 6:30 p.m., $100, live and silent auctions and gourmet dinner to benefit American Lung Association. 423-629-1098.
6. History Makers Luncheon, Chattanooga Convention Center, 11 a.m., $65, honoring the McCallie family, benefits Chattanooga History Center. For ticket prices, call 265-3247.
19. National Philanthropy Day Luncheon, The Chattanoogan, 1201 Broad St., 11:30 a.m., $40 per person, $400 table of eight. Southeast Tennessee chapter of Association of Fundraising Professionals honors Jim and Amy Jo Osborn, Dr. Bill Stacy, Zan Guerry, Pete Cooper, Anna Carroll and the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...