For games of Sept. 27
(Coaches are invited to make nominations. Send an email to Ward Gossett at email@example.com by 6 p.m. each Saturday.)
Several schools are listed with "no report." Coaches are asked to call or have their appointed statistician call on game nights with scoring summary, team statistics and individual statistics for both teams as soon as games are over. Call 423-757-6273.
* Baylor: Open date
* Bledsoe County: Bradley Smith scored four touchdowns and gained 146 yards on just seven carries in a 63-8 win over Lookout Valley.
* Brainerd: No report; lost to Austin-East 20-18.
* Boyd-Buchanan: Jim Cardwell had 190 yards of offense (137 passing) but the Buccaneers sustained their fourth loss of the season, 16-12 at Donelson Christian.
* Bradley Central: Brett Standifer threw for two touchdowns and ran for two in the Bears' 36-27 home win over Signal Mountain.
* Calhoun: No report; beat Coosa 49-3.
* Central: Open date.
* Chattanooga Christian: No report; lost to White County 37-0.
* Cleveland: Austin Herink threw for 258 yards in a 35-25 loss at Knoxville West.
* Coahulla Creek: No report; lost to Cartersville 41-3.
* Dade County: Brett Swader scored twice, the second in the second overtime in the Wolverines' 13-7 victory over Pepperell.
* Dalton: No report; won 30-17 over Cass.
* East Hamilton: Open date.
* East Ridge: No report; lost 42-7 to previously winless Loudon.
* Fort Payne: No report; lost to Atlanta Lovett 35-13.
* Gordon Central: Noah Bingiel had 70 yards on eight runs in a 23-0 defeat by Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe.
* Gordon Lee: Hunter Teeters gained 73 yards on 19 carries in an 18-0 loss to Whitefield Academy.
* Grace Academy: No report; lost to Eagleville 42-20.
* Grundy County: Michael Nolan scored the Yellow Jackets' TD in a 32-8 loss to South Pittsburg.
* Heritage: Open date.
* Hixson: No report; beat Livingston Academy 21-7.
* Howard: No report; lost to Greater Atlanta Christian 67-20.
* Ider: No report; lost to Fyffe 49-7.
* LaFayette: No report; lost 38-7 to Gilmer County.
* Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe: Skyler Rogers ran for two TDs and accounted for 127 yards in a 23-0 win at Gordon Central.
* Lookout Valley: Jaylen Wynn scored the Yellow Jackets' TD in a 63-8 loss to Bledsoe County.
* Marion County: Blake Zeman ran 19 times for 311 yards and four TDs in the Warriors' 52-28 win over Sequatchie County.
* Murray County: No report; lost 56-13 to Chattooga.
* McCallie: C.J. Fritz scored one of the Blue Tornado's TDs in a 28-14 loss to Ensworth.
* McMinn Central: No report; beat Meigs County 43-21.
* McMinn County: Open date.
* Meigs County: No report; lost to McMinn Central 43-21.
* North Jackson: Lost to Scottsboro 55-0.
* North Murray: Hinton McKonkey passed for two TDs and 215 yards and ran for 81 yards in a 38-35 loss to Sonoraville.
* North Sand Mountain: No report; beat Sylvania 35-13.
* Northwest Whitfield: Jacob Webb ran for 124 yards with two TDs on just eight carries in a 54-14 win over River Ridge.
* Notre Dame: Open date.
* Ooltewah: Mike Williams pulled in nine Brody Binder passes for 137 yards and the eventual game-winning score, plus a saving interception, in a 10-3 victory over Dobyns-Bennett.
* Polk County: Zach Miller picked up 169 yards and scored four TDs in the Wildcats' 33-7 win over Walker Valley.
* Red Bank: Lost 44-0 to Rhea County.
* Rhea County: Austin Dotson threw two TD passes and ran for a third score in the Golden Eagles' 44-0 victory over Rhea County.
* Ridgeland: Calvin Davenport scored two TDs and gained 119 yards, but the Panthers fell 41-28 to Pickens County.
* Ringgold: Kyle Sholl scored two TDs, caught five passes for 91 yards and rushed 16 times for 86 yards in the Tigers' 38-20 victory over Adairsville.
* Sale Creek: Chris Huffman returned a kickoff 80 yards, but the Panthers lost 55-22 to Tellico Plains.
* Scottsboro: Trey Lewis ran for 85 yards and a TD and passed for four scores in a 55-0 win over North Jackson.
* Sequatchie County: Blake Cates ran for 120 yards and one TD and scored another on a 33-yard fumble return, but the Indians lost to Marion County 52-28.
* Signal Mountain: Diamez Franklin got 15 carries and gained 149 yards with three TDs in the Eagles' 36-27 loss to Bradley Central.
* Silverdale Baptist: The ubeaten win streak (5-0) continues thanks in part to three PATs and a third-quarter field goal from Michael Dellinger.
* Soddy-Daisy: Tre Carter got a 57-yard punt return for a TD, but the Trojans lost 49-30 to Tyner.
* Southeast Whitfield: No report; lost 35-0 to Cedartown.
* South Pittsburg: Jajuan Lankford gained 206 yards on 22 carries, adding three TDs, in the Pirates' 32-8 victory over Grundy County.
* Trion: No report; lost 42-14 to Darlington.
* Tyner: Haasan Miller ran for two TDs and 123 yards while completing 10 of 19 passes for 107 yards as the Rams finally broke into the win column with a 49-30 defeat of Soddy-Daisy.
* Walker Valley: Avery Jones got the Mustangs' TD in a 33-7 loss to Polk County on a 64-yard run.
* Whitwell: Cody Ingrassia scored two TDs and ran for 134 yards, but the Tigers lost 40-20 to Middle Tennessee Christian.
Ward Gossett is an assistant sports editor and writer for the Times Free Press. Ward has a long history in Chattanooga journalism. He actually wrote a bylined story for the Chattanooga News-Free Press as a third-grader. He Began working part-time there in 1968 and was hired full time in 1970. Ward now covers high school athletics, primarily football, wrestling and baseball and University of Tennessee at Chattanooga wrestling. Over a 40-year career, he has covered ...