Events and Seminars
• Ooltewah/Collegedale candidate forum Tuesday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Collegedale City Hall, 4910 Swinyar Drive. The Ooltewah/Collegedale Chamber Council will host a Hamilton County District 7 Candidate Debate at Collegedale Municipal Building. Doors will open at 5 p.m. and moderated debate will start promptly at 5:30 p.m. Candidates for Hamilton County District 7 will feature Sabrina Turner, Phil Smartt, Perry Perkins and Ezra Maize. The debate will be moderated by Council President Joshua Michalski. Questions will focus on community issues identified by the council and community leadership. There is no cost to attend.
• Ambassador luncheon Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Spring Hill Suites by Marriott Chattanooga, 495 Riverfront Parkway. Admission is $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Please contact Brenda Harrison to register in advance at 423-763-4320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ConnectForLunch Tuesday from noon to 1 p.m. at participating local restaurants. ConnectForLunch is a Chattanooga Chamber program bringing professionals together for face-to-face lunch meetings with two or three different members. This setting allows participants to make meaningful connections that can lead to new and stronger business relationships. Visit www.connect4lunch.com/chattanoogachamber to register.
• 1 Million Cups Wednesday from 9 to 10 a.m. at Harvest Creative, 1423 Market St. Held every Wednesday, 1 Million Cups brings Chattanooga’s entrepreneurial community together to hear two start-up entrepreneurs and unique local businesses pitch their companies. Each event includes a Q&A session with featured participants. Coffee is provided by Velo Coffee Roasters.
• An Hour With My Attorney Wednesday from 11 a.m. to noon at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar is free to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc to register.
• Mid-Town council meeting Wednesday from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Brainerd Golf Course, 5203 Old Mission Road. Speaker: Gary Highfield. Meeting cost $10.
• Ribbon-cutting for Mach Fuels Inc. Thursday from 4 to 5 p.m. at Mach Fuels Inc., 3333 St. Elmo Ave.
• Small business orientation Thursday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Counselor will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other start-up materials. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc to register.
• YPAC After Hours Thursday from 6 to 9 p.m. at Blue Orleans, 1463 Market St. Join the Young Professionals Association of Chattanooga at Blue Orleans for April After Hours. For more details, including food and drink specials, visit www.ypchattanooga.org/events.
• Ribbon-cutting for Integrity Mortgage Group Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Integrity Mortgage Group, 8052 Standifer Gap Road. Join the Chattanooga Chamber for a ribbon- cutting at Integrity Mortgage Group.
• Free financial and accounting advising with HHM Friday from 1 to 3 p.m. at The Company Lab, 55 E. Main St. Visit The Company Lab the second Friday of every month to receive free financial and accounting advice from Henderson Hutcherson & McCullough. To schedule a 30-minute time slot for your startup, email email@example.com.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress