published Sunday, April 13th, 2014

Suitable Lodging

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

135
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.

BO is the headliner.

April 13, 2014 at 1:12 a.m.
fairmon said...

Another federal government expansion opportunity?

April 13, 2014 at 6:01 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"BO is the headliner."

At a neo-Nazi rally? Makes perfect sense to me...

April 13, 2014 at 7:06 a.m.
limric said...

Nice one Clay.

Wouldn't it be sweet if the 'orderlies' hired for the event were a coterie of Europeans & Russians; with security provided pro-bono by the Israelis.

Those wishing to attend must have a temporary tattoo (temporary because we're civilized after all) on their forearm...an RNC logo perhaps? Considering their fascist aspirations of late, it'd be quite fitting.

April 13, 2014 at 7:49 a.m.
conservative said...

Socialist are not mentally ill but evil!

There has been a national Socialist movement in this country at least since Franklin Roosevelt.

The movement has been headed by the Demoncrats with many Republicans jumping aboard.

Someone needs to say it, it might as well be me.

April 13, 2014 at 7:53 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

This was founded in 1974, and drew its membership from the declining American Nazi party. You never let ignorance stop you from posting, con.

April 13, 2014 at 8:01 a.m.
conservative said...

You poor woman, you just don't get it.

April 13, 2014 at 8:25 a.m.
tifosi said...

The ignorance, hatred and intolerance of conservative leads me to believe he is a closet Nazi.

April 13, 2014 at 8:48 a.m.
MickeyRat said...

Uh oh, somebody is defying scriptures and ‘bearing false witness.’

According to Jesus, false testimony comes from the sinful desires of the heart and makes people unclean. PU!!

The following are all headed by Democrats too. Y’know – like Obama, or Pelosi, or Al Franken and especially George Soros.

People's Democratic Republic of Algeria - Democratic People’s Republic of North Korea - Democratic Republic of the Congo - Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste - Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia -
Lao People's Democratic Republic - Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal - Democratic Republic of São Tomé and Príncipe - Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka –

Good point Tifosi. As a whole, Neo-Nazis are staunch Christians.

April 13, 2014 at 9:10 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

That you are ignorant? Yeah, I get it.

April 13, 2014 at 9:49 a.m.
alprova said...

From some of the comments this morning, it's apparent that a few have no clue whatsoever what spawned this cartoon.

conservative doesn't seem to keep up with current events at all. He's always off the mark when it comes to holding his own in this forum.

April 13, 2014 at 9:56 a.m.
alprova said...

Aren't the Neo Nazi's the founders of the conservative movement?

April 13, 2014 at 10:14 a.m.
limric said...

Alprova,

Mr. Bennett is referencing one of the largest neo-Nazi groups in the country’s planned 40th anniversary dinner and rally in Chattanooga later this month.

We know what spawned it.

April 13, 2014 at 10:15 a.m.
alprova said...

And I know that you knew what it as all about. Clearly some didn't.

For those who were unaware of it;

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/apr/10/swastikas-in-our-midststage-is-set-for-city-to-be/?breakingnews

April 13, 2014 at 10:20 a.m.
limric said...

While not wanting to completely discount Conservatives truly preposterous allegation earlier, the inevitable conflation of [Nazism, Socialism] with Democrats, and especially Barack Obama is fermenting as I write this. Oh yes.

Tick tick tick tick....

April 13, 2014 at 10:45 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Yeah, but what spawned Alpo?

April 13, 2014 at 10:50 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...

Aren't the Neo Nazi's the founders of the conservative movement?

I don't have the Nazi expertise you have but I am confident they don't support libertarian principles. Did Hitler support a smaller less intrusive central government? Did he say personal freedom and liberties were all the people's right? Or, did he think all things should come from the government? He was a great orator that could rally people to causes to their detriment. Did he promise wealth increase to all German's? Did his regime have full control of all healthcare in Germany?

Have you read how he came to power and the promises he made if he were given control? Did he appeal to and gain the support of those in the younger generation?

April 13, 2014 at 10:56 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

Personally, I don't care what kind of government they espouse. They are a racist organization.

April 13, 2014 at 11:03 a.m.
Maximus said...

Not much difference between GM "Government Motors" and the Nazi's. They used the same concept, GM of course on a smaller scale, build a defective machine that kills people, keep it secret, then lie about it. GM should have gone bankrupt but noooooo Barry The Welfare Pimp and his S.S. Brown Shirts, the UAW developed a plan to save a very defective business model driven into the ground by bloated, greedy pensioners and poor product quality, and instead put the burden on both the tax payers and their customers to save the company. All we did was bail out a bunch of Blue State Obama voters and politicians and what did we get in return, $70,000 pick up trucks and cars that are so defective they kill people. Once again, Obama and his UAW thugs need to go. And can you imagine? We want UAW Democrat Party SS Brownshirt production quality to be implemented at the VW Plant? No thank you!

April 13, 2014 at 11:03 a.m.
fairmon said...

I assume they have the right to peaceful assembly to spend money and generate sales tax revenue? They have a reputation for not remembering the peaceful part so the police should be prepared.

April 13, 2014 at 11:09 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Alpo astoundingly belches this: "Aren't the Neo Nazi's the founders of the conservative movement?" you want to retract that Fat Alpo?

April 13, 2014 at 11:11 a.m.
MickeyRat said...

DING DING DING DING

Ha ha ha, you were right on the money Limric. Maximus fell into it like a poop in a tar pit. :-D

April 13, 2014 at 11:15 a.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "Yeah, but what spawned Alpo?"

What spawned your bankruptcy?

April 13, 2014 at 11:19 a.m.
Maximus said...

Mickey....the GM death cars and their denial of such cars existing is akin to the Nurenberg Nazi trials. And who bailed out GM? Obama and those Miiiiiiiichigan Politicians whose pockets are lined by GM. Detroit might as we'll be Berlin with the GM logo being a swastika. Now that, Clay Boy Bennett would be an impactful political cartoon!

April 13, 2014 at 11:23 a.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "you want to retract that Fat Alpo?"

Why would I retract it, Mr. Insolvent? Neo Nazi's have far more in common with Republicans and conservatives than they do any other political group in this nation.

April 13, 2014 at 11:24 a.m.
alprova said...

I drive a Chevy, one that is on the current recall list. I'll eventually make an appointment to have the recall taken care of and will drive the wheels off the thing and will one day trade it for another Chevrolet.

Crap happens. No one or no car is perfect.

April 13, 2014 at 11:29 a.m.
alprova said...

I smile every day with the knowledge that no matter what any of you people write, life goes on unabated, uninterrupted, and against your will.

Blaming the President for everything that goes wrong in this nation makes some of you look ridiculous, which you are anyway.

April 13, 2014 at 11:31 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Hey Capt Ahab, aka alpo...we await your proof of the alleged bankruptcy and insolvency. Eh coward?

April 13, 2014 at 12:10 p.m.
alprova said...

Whose this "we" Twitterdumdum?

I've seen no one else come to your aid since the self-admitted lesbian war vet disappeared.

It's real simple. Every time you crank up your caustic remarks towards myself, I will post a reminder that you filed for a rescue from your insolvency.

There's two ways to make it all go away.

1.) Ignore me completely which will stop the reminders, or;

2.) Post your full name to prove you are not the man in question.

April 13, 2014 at 12:37 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

I have nothing to prove. Post away, Liar. No one respects a liar that will not post evidence. I'm assuming bankruptcy records are easily found. And postable. And yet...

April 13, 2014 at 12:43 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "I have nothing to prove."

Sure you do. That's why you refuse to prove publicly that it's not you.

"Post away, Liar."

No problem. If you chose not to ignore me, I'll keep reminding you of your insolvency.

"No one respects a liar that will not post evidence."

Whose lying? You were busted by Easy123 a year ago.

"I'm assuming bankruptcy records are easily found. And postable. And yet..."

And yet, as I have stated several times, the evidence to your bankruptcy was indeed published on this very site, last year.

Those who know your real name are aware of it too.

It's so much fun seeing you squirm about it, given that you spend so much time on this site stirring the sh!t pot.

How does it taste?

April 13, 2014 at 1:01 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Not squirming, Ahab. I enjoy seeing you make a fool of yourself regarding this issue. You say, "And yet, as I have stated several times, the evidence to your bankruptcy was indeed published on this very site, last year" I have no memory of that, Peg. Refresh us.

April 13, 2014 at 1:05 p.m.
lightkeeper said...

I agree with Alprova that the Neo Nazi's have more in common with Republicans than any other political party. The Neo Nazi group that plans to rally in front of the courthouse said one of the reasons they chose Tennessee and Chattanooga is because of a large following. After reading the nasty, unsympathetic and sometimes ridiculous comments from Republicans while claiming to be christians on this forum, that statement doesn't surprise me at all. It's a shame that such a beautiful area is contaminated with such evil individuals. Chattanooga-Hamilton County has a somewhat pretty face, but a wicked heart.

April 13, 2014 at 1:06 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

^^^^^ could well be the stupidest (is that a word?) posts in the history of ever.

April 13, 2014 at 1:29 p.m.
MickeyRat said...

Do you have a cogent counter to Lightkeeper’s claim PlainTruth? Or are you going to offer up nothing more than your usual sound of gargling a mouthful of urine.

April 13, 2014 at 1:48 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

a cogent counter, Rat? The hell you talking about. I have an opinion. Do you? All I ever see outta you are comments about my comments. Do you think "chattanooga-hamilton county has a wicked heart? Huh?

April 13, 2014 at 1:54 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "I have no memory of that, Peg. Refresh us."

Hilarious!! That's quite a elective memory you have there.

I wouldn't dare point it out. I'm having far too much fun watching you distance yourself from it.

Thou protesteth too much...for someone who claims to be unjustly accused.

It was about the same time that you were running from your debts that you underwent an identity change in this very forum.

No one but yourself cares. I don't even care, but you're a caustic commentary filled ass and you deserve all the attention you crave and cause.

April 13, 2014 at 2 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

<<<<< A fat-faced liar.

April 13, 2014 at 2:03 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

If any news event should unite both the left and the right here it is this one. It seems to me that anyone who is even remotely sane and sensible - liberal, conservative, or independent - should be united in unmitigated antipathy for this nefarious group of scumbags. So why the knee-jerk sniping? Just because they have chosen to insert the word "Socialist" in their title, you righties think that we libs support them? I'm sure that not one of these guys knows what "socialist" really means, like most of the lib-haters on this forum who use the word as a catch-all for anything they don't understand or condone, or anything that that is not strictly capitalistic or profit oriented.

April 13, 2014 at 2:07 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova said...

From some of the comments this morning, it's apparent that a few have no clue whatsoever what spawned this cartoon.

conservative doesn't seem to keep up with current events at all. He's always off the mark when it comes to holding his own in this forum.

========================================

You just don't get it either.

April 13, 2014 at 2:10 p.m.
alprova said...

It bears repeating:

"Do you have a cogent counter to Lightkeeper’s claim PlainTruth? Or are you going to offer up nothing more than your usual sound of gargling a mouthful of urine."

LMAO!!!

April 13, 2014 at 2:11 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

PT, lighkeeper's post was right on target. I would say that your response to it "could well be the stupidest (is that a word?) post in the history of ever," but then, there are your countless other stupid posts to consider.

April 13, 2014 at 2:11 p.m.
MickeyRat said...

Here ya go PlainTruth, here's a fact AND an opinion.

”More liberals have college degrees. More conservatives don’t. And whoo boy, those conservatives like to throw the 'idiot' label.”

”Conservatives (like yourself) are much more likely to BE idiots while also being more likely to call their political opponents 'idiots'.”

Hmm, maybe they're both facts.

April 13, 2014 at 2:11 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Roo, yeah, sort of like you lefties knee jerk response to calling C's bigots, dirty waterers, misogynists, etc. Like that? Everyone should condemn the vile hate mongers under the NSM banner.

April 13, 2014 at 2:12 p.m.
alprova said...

connie wrote: "You just don't get it either."

If I have to wear a face mask for the rest of my life, I will prevent myself from getting that which you suffer from.

I don't want it.

Keep it to yourself.

April 13, 2014 at 2:13 p.m.
MickeyRat said...

Then do so PlainTruth.

April 13, 2014 at 2:14 p.m.
conservative said...

It is apparent that some practitioners and proponents of Socialism don't see the hypocrisy of criticizing other Socialists.

April 13, 2014 at 2:20 p.m.
alprova said...

I've stated it many times. Socialism is just fine, when it is balanced by a certain amount of Capitalism. To much of either is not good at all.

Admittedly, there needs to be a shift of more Capitalism to the middle class and the poor, rather than a heaping handful of Socialism that currently is taking place.

I'm sure that if given half a chance, most would work for what they have, if it was worth more to do that rather than to be paid to do nothing.

Raising the minimum wage would be a great start.

Of course, that would require employers to change their mindset just a wee bit and to learn to appreciate those who represent their businesses rather than to worship egregious profits.

April 13, 2014 at 2:21 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Rat, I think I just did. Do you have comprehension issues?

April 13, 2014 at 2:32 p.m.
limric said...

It is also apparent that those who proffer declarations such as, ”proponents of Socialism don't see the hypocrisy of criticizing other Socialists.” don’t know anything about ‘National Socialism’ (Nazism).

“It’s much easier not to know things sometimes.” ~Stephen Chbosky

April 13, 2014 at 2:44 p.m.
MickeyRat said...

You 'think you did'? You don't sound too confident about that.

Besides, you added caveats to your statement. Which raises questions of its sincerity.

April 13, 2014 at 2:52 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Rat: All BS aside. You are truly a pile of it. Still steaming.

April 13, 2014 at 2:57 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova said...

connie wrote: "You just don't get it either."

If I have to wear a face mask for the rest of my life, I will prevent myself from getting that which you suffer from.

I don't want it.

Keep it to yourself.

================================

Mr. Anthony Provancher

You have stated numerous times that you don't want it:

"I rejected your brand of Christianity years ago. Nothing is going to change that."

" Jesus sinned"

" Jesus cannot be God"

"The Bible never has been the word of God and you will never make it so"

"The idea that we are to accept a mass-murderer as an object of worship doesn't reflect well upon Christians at all. If he murdered nearly every human on the planet, God is far more heinous than Hitler. Yet Christians are to willfully worship him without question. Why?"

April 13, 2014 at 4:38 p.m.
tifosi said...

conservative is the biggest sinner on this site. Including the deadly sin of "Wrath". With @ssholes like conservative, no wonder young people don't want to have anything to do with organized religion.

April 13, 2014 at 5:09 p.m.

"worship their egregious profit" -Alprova

Most businesses, which are small, don't have "egregious profits"

Raising the minimum wage is a bad idea. If taken to it's logical conclusion, then the minimum wage should $50, $60, and on up.

No profit, then no business.

April 13, 2014 at 5:10 p.m.
MickeyRat said...

Aww --- It’s alright Verum Antonymous. The other Eunuchs in your barracks don’t mind your vinegary breath.

Try again Squamish.

April 13, 2014 at 5:10 p.m.
limric said...

Something that was missed (I thought for sure the Appalachian aggitator Mickey Rat would hit upon it) - and I find a bit humorous - are vibrations of seething anger of those that are unable to (like an exploding toilet) blurt out OBAMA!!

Well, one sorta did, but badly.

April 13, 2014 at 5:32 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Tomorrow Jews will celebrate escaping Pharoah. While contemplating an apparent hate crime in KC.

April 13, 2014 at 6:05 p.m.
lightkeeper said...

Isn't it entertaining to watch how the truth causes those like Plain Truth to literally piss their pants. Plain Truth proved my point most excellently. Plain Truth, conservative and the righties need to get a room with the Neo's when they arrive in town....smooches...lol

April 13, 2014 at 6:40 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Not sure I get that lights out. Explain.

April 13, 2014 at 6:46 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

"Raising the minimum wage is a bad idea. If taken to it's logical conclusion, then the minimum wage should $50, $60, and on up." - zableedsomethingorother

Piffle. Where do you come up with those $50 and $60 figures? You just pull them out of thin air? If the minimum wage were raised to $10/hr. millions of people would instantly be raised out of poverty and would make enough money to be removed from the welfare and food stamps dole. How can conservatives NOT like that?? Why should we tax payers be subsidizing Walmart and Mickey D so that they can get away with underpaying their employees? If the minimum wage had kept pace with inflation throughout the years, it would be $10.56. If it had kept pace with productivity it would be $16.54.

Conservatives like to claim that minimum wage jobs are unskilled "starter" jobs and therefore not worth paying a decent wage, or worth whatever the employer sees fit. But those jobs are still essential to the public good and to the success of each individual business and as such those employees deserve the respect of being paid a decent living wage, at least enough to be able to maintain a basic standard of living.

Having ignored the minimum wage worker for so long (while congress members and CEOs and other white collar workers have given themselves hefty raises each and every year), we have lost sight of the real value of their work, unskilled or not. BTW, unskilled labor is oftentimes the hardest, most tedious kind of work and while it is unskilled it is worth paying well for the tedium factor alone. $10/hr. should be the rock-bottom minimum it ought to be raised to.

As for those who say that it would cripple business and hurt the economy...hogwash! We are talking about multi-million dollar corporations like Walmart, Target, all the big-box stores, and the many successful fast-food joints that rake in hundreds of millions of dollars in profit each and every year. You wanna tell me they're gonna be hurting from a few dollars raise to their employees? No way. And if they claim they have to raise prices if they raise the minimum wage, okay then. I would gladly pay a few cents' more for a Big Mac (assuming I still ate their crap) or a few dollars more for a big screen TV, if it meant the difference between slave wages for their employees and a decent living wage.

April 13, 2014 at 6:49 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

If any of you lefties had half a nad, you would condemn what lightkeeper posted ^^

April 13, 2014 at 6:50 p.m.
alprova said...

Why would anyone condemn it. It is the truth as Republicans have come to embrace their chosen platform.

Every single die-hard Republican I personally know is a bigot at best and a racist at their worst.

As I stated, they have much more in common with the Neo-Nazi's than any political group in America.

April 13, 2014 at 7:41 p.m.
alprova said...

Thanks very much for addressing the minimum wage issue with facts that trump Z-man's Republican talking points.

Years ago, the middle class was paid a living wage and everyone thrived, including the rich.

Wage stagnation is why this exonomy refuses to budge and until some people wake the hell up in this country, everyone is going to suffer BUT THE RICH.

Eventually, they will have to come off of some of that stored away cash, or else.

What the "or else" is, I don't know, but the one thing I do know is that we cannot continue down the path we are on and it's not the President who is causing such difficulties.

To much wealth is in too few hands and it's got to be spread out into the pockets of more people.

Now that too is a fact that cannot be refuted.

The rich do not stimulate the economy enough to keep it in check.

April 13, 2014 at 7:49 p.m.
tifosi said...

Rickaroo - Better check your 401K. You may be invested in Walmart or Target.

April 13, 2014 at 7:51 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Alpo, about what I expected outta a N. Georgia hill-hick.

April 13, 2014 at 8:24 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova said...

connie wrote: "You just don't get it either."

If I have to wear a face mask for the rest of my life, I will prevent myself from getting that which you suffer from.

I don't want it.

Keep it to yourself.

================================

Mr. Anthony Provancher

You have said many times that you don't want it:

"I rejected your brand of Christianity years ago. Nothing is going to change that."

"I do not fear the Lord and nobody is ever going to convince me to fear God's "wrath."

"The very fact that Jesus was given birth, and came out as little helpless small baby is enough to refute the claim that Jesus is God."

" Jesus sinned"

" Jesus cannot be God"

April 13, 2014 at 8:37 p.m.
tifosi said...

And yet conservative rejects Jesus too.

April 13, 2014 at 8:46 p.m.

Congratulationa to the cowboys and ranchers out west for pushing back against the feds. How about the fed government show that much aggression on our borders instead of citizens.

April 13, 2014 at 8:49 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Conservative is either senile or a 10-year-old kid playing grown-up.

April 13, 2014 at 8:54 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "Alpo, about what I expected outta a N. Georgia hill-hick."

But Sir...I'm not a product of Georgia.

And you are still bankrupt.

April 13, 2014 at 10:31 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

And you are still spewing lies from The Friendly Village

April 13, 2014 at 10:37 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Congratulationa to the cowboys and ranchers out west for pushing back against the feds.:

You think it's over? Guess again. Next time they will come in the dead of night, with enough people to get the job done in a few hours, and it will be over in a matter of hours.

You don't REALLY think the Feds are going to permanently back off, do you? Clive Bundy isn't going to get a good night's sleep until it's all over.

"How about the fed government show that much aggression on our borders instead of citizens."

Because those illegals are acting out of love. They are not defaulting on their obligations and expecting to retain occupation of lands that do not belong to them.

Hispanics pay their rent and their bills, on time, every month.

Ask any landlord or financial representative.

They'll tell you that Hispanics are as solid as gold.

THAT'S WHY THEY LIKE ILLEGALS!!!

April 13, 2014 at 10:38 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "And you are still spewing lies from The Friendly Village"

Sir...in my village, I would never be friendly to you. You're a deadbeat. You ran for cover when you could not pay your bills.

You whine about it being a lie, but you have done not a thing to prove it is a lie.

Verify your identity and let everyone see if it matches or not.

You keep cranking up that caustic keyboard, expecting a different result each and every time, which makes you a masochist.

If you want your bankruptcy to slip into the sunset, you're the only person who can cause that to happen.

You pretend I don't exist and I'll do the same where you are concerned.

It's just that simple, troll.

April 13, 2014 at 10:45 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Not a chance, fat-man. You ask me to prove a negative? Get real, tool.

April 13, 2014 at 10:48 p.m.
alprova said...

Hey...that's your prerogative. I know exactly why you are refusing to post your name. Because it's a match, and I have a personal e-mail to back it up.

You can keep whining or you can make it all slip into the sunset by keeping those caustic comments to yourself.

I'll bet your daddy had to whip you a dozen times before you learned your lessons.

You're nothing, if not bull-headed. Stupid, but bull-headed.

April 13, 2014 at 10:56 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

I'll post my name, lie-boy, when you post a copy of your CPA credential.

April 13, 2014 at 11:40 p.m.
alprova said...

If I were to present 25 years worth of records and my license, you'd still not post your name for comparison, and you and I both know why that is.

You see...you're worried about your solvency reputation WAY too much, whereas I could not care less what anyone believes regarding my license.

All that is academic now, because I am permanently, medically disabled. I've sold everything or it's been turned over to the heirs. It's all gone. Medical bills had to be paid. I own nothing.

If you need a CPA, you'll have to consult your local phone book. I'm officially out of the biz...every biz.

I just bide my time riding up and down the sidewalks in my power wheelchairs, scrounging for food and an occasional handout by some caring person.

But...and this is a big but...I'm not bankrupt like yourself, and the proof to that is the fact that the only reference to MY name on this site, is where I placed it myself.

Yours is in the bankruptcy reports posted on this site every week.

April 14, 2014 at 12:59 a.m.
fairmon said...

Rickaroo said... those jobs are still essential to the public good.

I have no objection to increasing the minimum wage but why are those operations essential? What would happen if there was no McDonalds, Wendy's or other fast food restaurants? Nothing bad would result. What if Wal-Mart closed, who cares? No minimum wage paying operation is essential for the public good or greater good of mankind. It appears you would agree with banning all imports to enable those in this country to compete?

alprova said....

those illegals are acting out of love. They are not defaulting on their obligations and expecting to retain occupation of lands that do not belong to them.

Hispanics pay their rent and their bills, on time, every month.

Ask any landlord or financial representative.

They'll tell you that Hispanics are as solid as gold.

THAT'S WHY THEY LIKE ILLEGALS!!!

Your ego is exceeded only by your gullibility. Some landlords will tell you they disappear in the middle of the night in arrears for their rent. Your conclusions appear to be based only on those you know in the N. GA. area. That is a huge tent you are putting all illegal immigrants under.

April 14, 2014 at 1:16 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Your ego is exceeded only by your gullibility."

LMAO!! Pray tell what I am gullible about now...

"Some landlords will tell you they disappear in the middle of the night in arrears for their rent."

Sir, is it possible that has happened? Sure it is, but in general, I would rather finance or rent to Hispanics than I would to many people of other races, because they have a much higher reputation and track record for honesty.

"Your conclusions appear to be based only on those you know in the N. GA. area."

You have absolutely no idea what I base it on. I have friends around the entire country and have heard this echoed repeatedly over the years.

What the hell are you basing your statements upon? Some right-wing anti-immigration rag? I'll bet you've never even attempted to talk to a Hispanic. They probably cause you to wet your pants if they look at you wrong.

"That is a huge tent you are putting all illegal immigrants under."

Uh...really? You're the one denigrating them. I'm praising their honesty and reputation for paying their bills. I'll guarantee you one thing. I have yet to have had to repo a car sold to a Hispanic or know anyone else locally that has had to repo one either. They pay up, on time, every time.

You want to hold out perhaps one instance you may personally have knowledge of, which I doubt because you probably read it somewhere, and you want to brand them all by that.

I'm beginning to hate white people, for they still haven't learned that they are no better than others. I hope to live long enough to see the white man become out-numbered and a minority.

You're a piece of work Fairmon.

April 14, 2014 at 1:36 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...

You want to hold out perhaps one instance you may personally have knowledge of, which I doubt because you probably read it somewhere, and you want to brand them all by that.

I have probably known and employed more Hispanics and other minorities than you have met. I have had team mates and opponents in athletic contest with many Hispanic participants. I also know that some are active in the illegal drug activity with connections in other countries. The point is they have a distribution of good and bad, honest and dishonest similar to other ethnicities.

Your contention they are all the most honest and reliable people in this country is ludicrous. There are hard working, law abiding, tax paying Hispanics and other immigrants that appreciate America more than many Americans but there are many exceptions also.

alprova said.....

I'm beginning to hate white people, for they still haven't learned that they are no better than others. I hope to live long enough to see the white man become out-numbered and a minority. You're a piece of work Fairmon.

That is a racist statement if ever I have heard one. You are indeed a piece of and full of something.

April 14, 2014 at 6 a.m.
prairie_dog said...

Finally. An admission that socialists are CRAZY.

What happened to Clay Bennett? Vacation?

April 14, 2014 at 8:11 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Your contention they are all the most honest and reliable people in this country is ludicrous."

Did I use the word "all?" No I didn't.

Of course there are good and bad, but when it comes to financial affairs, I would rather lend money to a Hispanic than many home grown Americans.

That Sir is my personal experience and observation. I have never had one Hispanic customer default on me in the past few years. Can't state that for those of other races.

"There are hard working, law abiding, tax paying Hispanics and other immigrants that appreciate America more than many Americans but there are many exceptions also."

That is a statement that I am in full agreement with, except for the "many." A very low percentage, at best.

"That is a racist statement if ever I have heard one. You are indeed a piece of and full of something."

Cry me a handful. You made the statement of denigration that "many" landlords would claim they disappear in the dead of night, leaving unpaid rent owed.

Your statement sounded very much like a saddle on all or most Hispanics, which I know simply is not true.

Los hispanos son gente decente y los inmigrantes en efecto, vienen aquí con amor en su corazón para sus familias.

Los republicanos pueden ir abalanzarse sal para lo que me importa.

April 14, 2014 at 8:33 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

The Alpo has finally wigged out.

April 14, 2014 at 9:23 a.m.
alprova said...

And the anonymous poster known as Plain Truth is still bankrupt.

April 14, 2014 at 9:42 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Poor alpo posts "But...and this is a big but...I'm not bankrupt like yourself, and the proof to that is the fact that the only reference to MY name on this site, is where I placed it myself. Yours is in the bankruptcy reports posted on this site every week. say what?

April 14, 2014 at 9:44 a.m.
MickeyRat said...

I found the case Alprova is referring to. It is there, but I'm not going to post it.

April 14, 2014 at 10:05 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

^^why?

April 14, 2014 at 10:11 a.m.
alprova said...

Because I will not be a party to outing someone who chooses to remain anonymous, which is in conjunction of the terms of service for contributers to this website.

You want the proof? Out yourself.

It's very liberating. I've done it.

Of course, there is a different choice you can make. You can keep your personal caustic comments to yourself and stick to bashing politicians, and you will find yourself being less butt-hurt.

April 14, 2014 at 10:27 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Alpo: "You want the proof? Out yourself. It's very liberating. I've done it." BS I have nothing to out, Alpo. Your allegations remain false and you know it. This alone speaks to your character.

April 14, 2014 at 10:36 a.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "BS I have nothing to out, Alpo."

Okay then...leave it just like it is and quit your bitching.

"Your allegations remain false and you know it."

No they aren't and YOU know it.

"This alone speaks to your character."

My character is just fine, thank you very much. If you want yours to be untouched, keep those caustic comments in check.

April 14, 2014 at 12:49 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Caustic comments will not be checked via your lie. Post a retraction and apology and they may stop.

April 14, 2014 at 12:52 p.m.

Alprova, your response is predictable given the statist that you are.

It is over. Harry Reid won't get the land he wants to give him more power and money. Figures you would side with a rich Democrat Senator. Why don't you haul your fat carcass over to Nevada and help the fed out?

Bundy is what makes America great, illegal aliens/criminals, and their elevation to sainthood by leftist a-holes like you, represent the destruction of this country.

April 14, 2014 at 12:53 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

"Rickaroo said... 'those jobs are still essential to the public good.'"

"I have no objection to increasing the minimum wage but why are those operations essential? What would happen if there was no McDonalds, Wendy's or other fast food restaurants? Nothing bad would result." - fairmon

I did not mean to imply that those jobs are essential in the sense that life as we know it would come to a screeching halt without them. Of course they are not essential in that sense. I meant only that they fill a need in our daily lives, based on how we live our lives today, that is of vital importance to both the business owner and the customers being served. And as such their usefulness should be acknowledged and rewarded. To say that their positions are unskilled and thus unworthy of being paid a decent wage is demeaning on all levels.

I don't care how smart or business savvy the CEO and business executives are, without their cashiers or sales associates or stock and backroom workers, janitors, etc., Walmart and all the big box stores could not exist, and the public would not be served. The same goes for the highly successful fast-food chains: without their bottom-line cashiers and burger flippers/food handlers, they would cease to exist. Especially when the CEO and those in the upper echelons of the business are raking in huge profits, it is obscene to pay any worker such a disgracefully low wage.

An established minimum wage is not a case of government interfering in private business; it is merely a case of protecting the worker from being taken advantage of for private gain. And that is what government is meant to do.

April 14, 2014 at 1:04 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

As much as I don't like Jeb Bush (and I especially don't want to see yet another Bush in the White House!) I think that his attitude towards the Latino/Mexican immigrants is commendable. He is spot on when he says that most of them are here out of an "act of love" for their families.

All you haters are in serious need of an attitude adjustment. Yes, they have committed a crime, but hey, it's not murder or armed robbery! What they have done is a misdemeanor. And how many of you, in the same circumstances as they, living in a country so bleak and economically depressed that you could not eke out even a meager existence for your family, would not have done the same thing, especially with so many American business owners welcoming immigrants as they have? And don't tell me that you would have respected the laws of the U.S. and would have stayed away. If you tell me that, you're full of crap. Sure, there are plenty of tax cheats and criminals here and they should be deported but anyone whose only crime was crossing the border illegally should not be made to suffer the same fate as the more hardened criminals.

The DREAM Act was the most sensible and compassionate bit of legislation to have been proposed thus far and it should already have been put in place nationwide. It would serve as a fair and sensible first step towards a broader immigration policy.

April 14, 2014 at 1:31 p.m.

Rickaroo, you're an ass. Once again perpetuating the notion that anyone who wants to crack down on illegal aliens breaking into the country is a "hater". Pandering to illegal aliens is a slap in the face to all the those that immigrate the proper, lawful way. Jeb Bush's comment was the perfect example of disgraceful pandering by a politician to get votes. You libs are transparent. "commendable" my gosh, you libs are full of it.

April 14, 2014 at 1:44 p.m.

Jeb Bush, GHW Bush, and GWB all are country club Republicans who say one thing and do another. They are barely above Democrats on my scale.

April 14, 2014 at 1:48 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

Thank you, zableed. I at least agree with you about how reprehensible all the Bushes are, especially GWB. But with every other one of your posts, you remind me how grateful I am that I don't see the world through your eyes.

April 14, 2014 at 1:50 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Roo, you bring tears to my eyes. Pal.

April 14, 2014 at 3:01 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

So Roo, what is it you find reprehensible about Bush 41?

April 14, 2014 at 3:06 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chair Steve Israel (D., N.Y.) told State of the Union Sunday that no, not all Republicans are racist. thanks, steve. that's the kind of scat that's gonna unite R's. and it should

April 14, 2014 at 3:07 p.m.

My gosh, you're an idiot Rickaroo. I never reprehensible, you did. The Bush's are just typical politicians. Nothing special. Jeb Bush is simply more open about his pandering, apparently.

There's not one I typed in post of at 1:44 pm that is outrageous. It absolutely is a slap in the face to all those that came to this country legally, lawfully, whatever, to kiss up to illegal aliens from Mexico way just to get the votes of Mexican Americans. It's insulting and transparent.

My eyes? You mean fairness and having everyone held to the same standard? You truly are a donkey.

April 14, 2014 at 3:23 p.m.

It doesn't matter what their motivation is, whether it's "love" or wanting a job. People can also steal out of "love", if you want to put it that way. A crime is a crime. Jeb Bush, who wants to be, if he runs, the chief enforcer of our laws, along with his AG, is not fit to be POTUS if he won't defend the borders and say breaking the law is not breaking the law. He seems to think just because he speaks spanish, and his wife is Mexican, that he can be soft on that. Dangerous. Once again, it's a slap in the face to all of those who have come here legally, the right way, to pander to one group. It s disgusting.

April 14, 2014 at 3:32 p.m.

You libs and your phony empathy is laughable.

April 14, 2014 at 3:33 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

PT, I must admit that reprehensible is a bit too harsh a word for GHWB, I suppose. However, the fact that he gave birth to a son as disgustingly reprehensible as GWB (for whom the word reprehensible is not nearly strong enough) is reprehensible in itself.

April 14, 2014 at 3:34 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

Zableed, I've wasted enough time in exchanges with you. I stand by every word that I have typed and I couldn't care less what you say or think. Time to step outside this hellhole of small-mindedness exhibited by you conservative/libertarian/teabagging/fundamentalist cretins and breathe some fresh air.

April 14, 2014 at 3:39 p.m.

Yeah, Rickapoo, you stink up the chatroom, then bail and blame every one else for the stink. Typical lib. Your just poop flinging ape, like all libs.

April 14, 2014 at 3:46 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "It is over. Harry Reid won't get the land he wants to give him more power and money. Figures you would side with a rich Democrat Senator."

Dear God...you're buying into that stupid story on Infowars?

Now I know where you get your news.

"Why don't you haul your fat carcass over to Nevada and help the fed out?"

1.) The Fed can take care of themselves;

2.) It is n't my battle nor an ounce of my business, and;

3.) I couldn't care less if they blow each others brains out.

"Bundy is what makes America great, illegal aliens/criminals, and their elevation to sainthood by leftist a-holes like you, represent the destruction of this country."

Your opinion is noted for the record, for what it's worth.

April 14, 2014 at 3:47 p.m.

Inforwars? Reid's corruption and dealings are no secret.

April 14, 2014 at 3:50 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

^^^^ statists protect statists

April 14, 2014 at 3:55 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Harry Reid probably sold used cars once upon a time.

April 14, 2014 at 3:57 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Pandering to illegal aliens is a slap in the face to all the those that immigrate the proper, lawful way."

Do you hear THEM complaining? What's it to YOU?

"Jeb Bush's comment was the perfect example of disgraceful pandering by a politician to get votes."

You'd better embrace the man then, because pandering is the only hope Republicans have to win critical elections.

April 14, 2014 at 4:25 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "Harry Reid probably sold used cars once upon a time."

But I'll bet he never went bankrupt.

April 14, 2014 at 4:29 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Inforwars? Reid's corruption and dealings are no secret."

Not on Infowars, anyway.

April 14, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Well alps, that would make two of us.

April 14, 2014 at 4:41 p.m.

Do I hear them complaining? My gosh, that's the best you can do. Maybe you should just take off like Rickapoo did. There is no excuse for favoring one group over another, and letting them off' the hook. No excuse

Regarding Reid? Here's what he said regarding the situation in Nevada, "It's not over. We can't have an American people that violate the law and walk away from it." Does he mean like illegal aliens? Hypocrites, that's what you lefties are.

April 14, 2014 at 4:51 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Do I hear them complaining? My gosh, that's the best you can do."

It's a most valid question, don't you think? I don't see any legal Hispanics making the airwaves bitching and moaning about illegal immigrants. Nope...it's always people like you, who have not a thing to bitch about, whining at the top of their lungs.

"Maybe you should just take off like Rickapoo did."

I'm sorry, but who appointed you in charge of the guest list in this forum?

"There is no excuse for favoring one group over another, and letting them off' the hook. No excuse"

Like I wrote awhile ago...your opinions are always noted for the record, but they are worth no more than anyone else's.

April 14, 2014 at 4:55 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Harry Reid and Alpo have much in common, eh Alpy?

April 14, 2014 at 5:06 p.m.

That's idiotic. So, unless someone complains, then it's ok to break the law? How do you know if they don't complain. There's no logic to your argument. If a crime is committed, and nobody complains about it, then no crime was committed, and it's ok to commit it? It would be absurd to believe that in a country full of immigrants who came here legally, and followed the rules, that they're happy to have millions come here illegally, and be praised for it, and even rewarded for it. The fact is both parties are pandering to this group of people to gain power from it. If you let one group get away with it, then you have to let everyone get away with it.

April 14, 2014 at 5:09 p.m.
alprova said...

PT wrote: "Harry Reid and Alpo have much in common, eh Alpy?"

I don't know what we may have in common, but neither one of us has filed for bankruptcy.

April 14, 2014 at 5:15 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Proof, moon face. Proof.

April 14, 2014 at 5:25 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "So, unless someone complains, then it's ok to break the law?"

Works for me.

"How do you know if they don't complain."

Because if they could find them, the right-wing outlets would be holding them up day in and day out.

"There's no logic to your argument."

You're not the one appointed to evaluate that. Most of American disagrees with and do not feel that they are criminals.

"If a crime is committed, and nobody complains about it, then no crime was committed, and it's ok to commit it?"

Yeah...that's okay with me.

"It would be absurd to believe that in a country full of immigrants who came here legally, and followed the rules, that they're happy to have millions come here illegally, and be praised for it, and even rewarded for it."

Well then...go dig up a bushel basket full of legal immigrants who are willing to voice their disgust for those who come here illegally, and we'll pick up the discussion.

After all, YOU were the one who brought them into the conversation. It was YOUR point, that is not a point. It was your logic that bears no logic whatsoever.

"The fact is both parties are pandering to this group of people to gain power from it. If you let one group get away with it, then you have to let everyone get away with it."

Guess that's the way politics works. You can get used to it or spend your days bitching about it.

Aw hell...I guess you've got that part down pat.

April 14, 2014 at 5:26 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "Proof, moon face. Proof."

You're such a child, and about as mature as one too.

I've told you how to get your proof, but you're going to have to publish your full name FIRST.

April 14, 2014 at 5:32 p.m.

Racism is a Democrat Party trait. You libs assume that just because someone is of the same race as a person who commits a crime, then they're perfectly ok with it. Liberal logic on display.

April 14, 2014 at 5:43 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

You should feel shame, Alpy. Karma gonna have a picnic with you.

April 14, 2014 at 5:44 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-mzn wrote: "Racism is a Democrat Party trait.

You can write that all day long and it is easily refuted with;

Who do minorities vote for? They certainly don't agree with your assessment, do they?

"You libs assume that just because someone is of the same race as a person who commits a crime, then they're perfectly ok with it. Liberal logic on display."

If it weren't logical, you'd be able to point to all these outraged legal Hispanics that would side with you.

As it is, the evidence seems to be with me, doesn't it?

April 14, 2014 at 6:41 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "You should feel shame, Alpy. Karma gonna have a picnic with you."

Why is it that YOU have no shame? You sit in front of that computer of yours all day long, every single day, pounding out your feeble tweeterings meant to denigrate others, and you have the audacity to attempt to lecture someone else about having no shame?

Hilarious!!

April 14, 2014 at 8:23 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

^^^ Simple, Alps. I don't lie. You can't tell the truth.

April 14, 2014 at 8:28 p.m.
alprova said...

Post your name and the entire group will see the truth you have been telling.

LMAO!!

April 14, 2014 at 9:28 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

I'll give you $1,000 to prove the "bankruptcy" . To you, or the charity of your choosing.

April 14, 2014 at 9:40 p.m.
alprova said...

You truly take me for a fool.

You don't have $1,000.00, thus I'd never collect it and how many times do I have to tell you that your bankruptcy will disappear if you pretend I don't exist.

Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone.

But you just can't resist cranking up those decrepit, caustic fingers, can you?

You crave the attention because you're a hopeless troll.

One way or the other, you'll learn to play nice in this sandbox, or you can go crying home to mommy 'cause your butt hurts.

April 14, 2014 at 10:28 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

I think people know who the liar is. I'll let it go when you apologize.

April 14, 2014 at 10:32 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "I think people know who the liar is. I'll let it go when you apologize."

Not going to happen, hyena. You've started it every single time, and it will be a cold day in hell when I apologize to you. I did that one time and what did it get me? More of the same thing...and worse.

Nope...this time you're going to make a permanent change or I'll be happy to remind you of your insolvency every single day I am around to post.

You care what other people think. I don't.

I'm done arguing about it.

The way I see it, you've got two choices;

1.) Keep causticizing and suffer the bankruptcy wrath, or;

2.) Bash someone else, permanently.

Either way, I'm just about done responding to you on a personal level. I'll henceforth post the reminders and move on to people who debate about meaningful issues.

April 14, 2014 at 11:43 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Causticizing, huh? Yeah, that'll work

April 14, 2014 at 11:59 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.