published Monday, April 28th, 2014

2-year-old nearly dies after sniffing pill

A two-year-old from McMinn County is in serious condition in the hospital after apparently getting into the family's medicine cabinet. The McMinn County's Sheriff's report says the circumstances are "very suspicious".

Police were called out to a house on County Road 850 after the mother found the child not breathing. The officer said the child inside was cold to the touch, with blue lips, and barely breathing.

The mother at first said none of her medications were missing, but then admitted the child had sniffed a pill Wednesday night, and was acting 'unusual' the rest of the night.

Read more from our news partners at WRCB.

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.