The counties with the lowest jobless rates in March in Tennessee and Georgia were:
• 1. Oconee County near Athens, Ga., 4 percent
• 2. Catoosa County in Georgia, near Chattanooga, 4.5 percent
• 3. Williamson County near Nashville, 4.6 percent
• 4. Lincoln County in southern, middle Tennessee, 4.9 percent
• 5. Miller County in southwest Georgia, 4.9 percent
Sources: Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development and Georgia Department of Labor. March unemployment for the U.S. as a whole was 6.7 percent.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: