Events and Seminars
• Member orientation Tuesday from 8 to 9:30 a.m. in the Chamber board room, 811 Broad St. Learn more about how the Chamber can benefit you and your business. Free for members and non-members. Light breakfast provided.
• North Chattanooga Council meeting Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Speaker will be Carla Pritchard of Chattanooga Presents. Meetings cost $10.
• AM Networking at Chattanooga Electrical Apprenticeship and Training Center Wednesday from 8 to 9 a.m. at the Chattanooga Electrical Apprenticeship and Training Center, 3924 Volunteer Drive. AM Networking brings an average of more than 60 area business people together for an hour of networking and refreshments. For more information, please contact Kaia Gober at 423-763-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• An Hour with My Attorney Wednesday from 11 a.m. to noon at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training to register.
• ConnectForLunch Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at participating local restaurants. Grow your business in face-to-face lunch meetings with two or three different members. This setting allows participants to make meaningful connections that can lead to new business relationships. Visit www.connect4lunch.com/chattanoogachamber to register.
• Downtown Council Meeting Thursday from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at The Sheraton Read House Hotel, 827 Broad St. Speaker: Mayor Andy Berke. Meetings cost $15 with valet parking included. Networking and breakfast will take place from 7:30 to 8 a.m. with the program lasting from 8 to 9 a.m.
• Financial Management for Entrepreneurs Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This is a crash course in accounting and bookkeeping for small businesses and will cover fraud detection and prevention, financial statement reviews, principles of accounting, QuickBooks review, cash flow analysis, Asset management, analyzing liabilities, what your accountant needs from you and the importance of ratio analysis. Call 423-756-8668 to provide payment of $110 1-2 business days before the class. Register online at www.tsbdc.org/chscc; scroll to view upcoming training.
• Small business orientation Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Counselor will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses and taxes, as well as other start-up materials. Free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training to register.
• Southside Council meeting Thursday from noon to 1 p.m. at green|spaces Chattanooga, 63 E. Main St. Speaker: Chris LeCroy of green|spaces. Meetings cost $10.
• Financing Your Business the SBA Way Thursday from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This workshop covers SBA loan options, including which loan programs meet specific entrepreneurial needs. The session begins with the five C's of credit -- character, cash flow, collateral, capitalization and conditions. The discussion then transitions to an overview of SBA's loan programs and specific information about interest rates, repayment terms and preferred SBA express lenders. Free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training to register.
• What Is a Business Plan, and Why Do I Need One? Thursday from 6 to 7 p.m. at BrightBridge Women's Business Center, 535 Chestnut St., Ste. 161. This workshop is targeted to individuals who want to start or grow their business. Attendees will review the basics of the business plan, including the major components and importance of a business plan. Free and open to the public. Call 423-424-4220 to register.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council coffee Friday from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Wired Coffee Bar, 9447 Bradmore Lane, Ste. 101. Attend this monthly networking event in Ooltewah to catch up with the best business connections around.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress