The largest for-profit employers in metropolitan Chattanooga are:
• 1. Unum Group, 2,800 employees at the corporate headquarters in Chattanooga
• 2.McKee Foods Corp. , 2,650 employees at the company headquarters and bakery in Collegedale
• 3. Volkswagen of America, 2,500 employees at the company's only U.S. assembly plant in the Enterprise South Industrial Park
• 4. Amazon.com, Chattanooga, 2,500 employees at the distribution center in the Enterprise South Industrial Park
• 5. Pilgrim's Pride Corp., 1,500 employees at two downtown poultry processing plants
Source: Major employers list, Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce
Dave Flessner is the business editor for the Times Free Press. A journalist for 35 years, Dave has been business editor and projects editor for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, city editor for The Chattanooga Times, business and county reporter for the Chattanooga Times, correspondent for the Lansing State Journal and Ingham County News in Michigan, staff writer for the Hastings Daily Tribune in Nebraska, and news director for WCBN-FM in Michigan. Dave, a native ...
related articles »
America's biggest public utility will get smaller this year.
When President Barack Obama flies into Chattanooga on Tuesday to tout new economic initiatives, he'll see a city recognized in ...
The Chattanooga area’s German business connection is growing as a $65 million-a-year manufacturing company with plants worldwide opens a factory ...
Biggest employers, publicly traded companies, private companies occupations and new investments.