In keeping with the busy day, the Chattanooga Fire Department responded to another working fire this afternoon. At 5:18 pm, a fire was reported at the NWA Plastics Co. located at 5910 Quintas Loop Road.
Upon arrival, firefighters from Quint 8 investigated the incident and discovered the remains of a fire. At this time, it appears that a motor used to power an air compressor overheated causing it to catch on fire. As the fire began to grow, a sprinkler was activated. The activation of the sprinkler extinguished the fire prior to arrival.
At this time no estimate of damages has been given, but with the proper action of the sprinkler system, damage was expected to be minimal. Six Chattanooga Fire companies responded to the alarm.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: