Events and seminars
• Red Bank Council Meeting at noon Tuesday at the Red Bank Community Center on Tom Weathers Drive, behind Erlanger North. Meetings cost $10.
• Social Media: Introduction and Benefits from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at The INCubator:, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Ronda Van Billiard is the presenter at the free event hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center. Attendees will learn to market their businesses effectively using social media. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• An Hour with My Attorney from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday at the INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this service is free to the public. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• East Ridge Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Best Western Plus Arbour Inn and Suites, 6710 Ringgold Road. Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other start-up materials. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• International Business Council Meeting from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The program will feature a discussion on Chattanooga's expanding role in the international economy and include Eric Kruger, an international economist and management consultant; Steve Hiatt, director of existing business development at the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce; and Dr. Ray Smith, an international business consultant. Meetings cost $10.
• Leadership Chattanooga Alumni Association Annual Meeting from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Suite 300, 232 King St. The 2014 officers and board members will be introduced and plans for the year will be announced.
Dave Flessner is the business editor for the Times Free Press. A journalist for 35 years, Dave has been business editor and projects editor for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, city editor for The Chattanooga Times, business and county reporter for the Chattanooga Times, correspondent for the Lansing State Journal and Ingham County News in Michigan, staff writer for the Hastings Daily Tribune in Nebraska, and news director for WCBN-FM in Michigan. Dave, a native ...