SEE REE AT SHE: Ree Drummond will be at the She expo at 4 p.m. on Saturday, July 26, for a cooking demonstration and audience Q&A.
• Ree Drummond, her four kids and husband, Ladd, live on an Oklahoma ranch that’s a 90-minute drive to the nearest smalltown grocery store.
• In one episode, Ree said she was trying to be a vegetarian when she first started dating her husband. The first time he cooked a steak for her changed her mind and won her heart.
• She cites a unique trio of style icons on her website: Lucille Ball, Ethel Merman and Vivian Leigh — two funny, extroverted redheads and a fragile, melodramatic brunette.
• When the film rights of her autobiography, “From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels,” were sold five years ago, Oscar-winner Reese Witherspoon was the studio’s first choice to play Drummond.
• Ree’s bio on the Food Network describes her as a “California girl,” but her Wikipedia entry details her growing up in Oklahoma on the grounds of a country club.
• “Edge of Tomorrow” starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt is the most recent movie her family saw and loved.
• She decided to homeschool her children after realizing the 6:30 a.m. school bus arrival time for her oldest daughter (and the 4:30 p.m. dropoff) made the public school commute too exhausting for a child.
• She is obsessed with “The Real Housewives of Atlanta.”
• The Lodge, where her show is filmed, was once her husband’s bachelor pad. Food Network crews sleep in the Lodge because there are no nearby hotels. The family lives in a house on the ranch about two miles from the Lodge.
• Her husband’s great-great grandparents’ Oklahoma home has been preserved as historic site.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: