* Name: Sedman Hills
* Location: North Hixson off Daisy Dallas Road
* Status: Phase 1, with 75 homes sold, 10 homes under construction and four custom houses sold. "The value that you get for your money right now is phenomenal. We've been able to update all the features in the houses," said Jay Bell, owner and agent for the development. A second phase of the neighbor-hood is to be added later. Mr. Bell estimates that another 130 homes will be built.
* Price/size: $180,000 to $200,000; between 1,475 and 1,985 square feet in size.
* Features: The homes come with a brick and vinyl exterior, vaulted and trey ceilings, Jacuzzis, cast iron mailboxes, unfinished basements, custom cabinetry, two-car garages, walk-in closets and large decks. The homes are often equipped with screened porches, allowing residents to enjoy the outdoors. "All the basic things that the American families want now, we are putting in," Mr. Bell said.
* Amenities: A community playground, lighted sidewalks and mountain views. Also close to Lake Chicakmauga and Chester Frost Park. The houses are tucked away in the country, Mr. Bell said.
* Fees: None
* Contact: Jay Bell/Bell Development 760-1088; 266-1252.
- Compiled by staff writer Tamara Best, firstname.lastname@example.org