* Brainerd/East Brainerd The Chamber meets in Brainerd/East Brainerd on Tuesday with a noon luncheon at which Janna Jahn, Engel Stadium Restoration, will be the speaker. The location will be the Chattanooga Billiard Club at 110 Jordan Drive. Cost of the lunch is $10.
* Ooltewah/Collegedale -- The Chamber meets on Wednesday at the Collegedale City Hall at 4910 Swinvar Drive. Collegedale City Manager Ted Rodgers will be the speaker at the 9:30 a.m. meeting.
* Hixson -- Candidates for the Third District Congressional seat will be featured on Wednesday at a Chamber meeting being held at the North River Civic Center at 1009 Executive Drive. The noon luncheon will cost $10.
* Enterprise Gateway -- The Chamber meets on Thursday in Enterprise Gateway. This open forum on the Council's plans for the future will be at Hospice of Chattanooga, 4411 Oakwood Drive. The breakfast meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. and will cost $6.
* Mini Computer Workshops for Busy People -- "Introduction to Excel" -- This event will be Tuesday from 9 to 11 a.m. and is sponsored by Chattanooga State Community College and Tennessee Small Business Development Center. It will be at 100 Cherokee Blvd. The cost is $39. Call 697-3100 for more information and to register.
* Starting Your Child Day Care Business (Part 1) -- Orientation -- This Tuesday event will cover such topics as orientation, self assessment, day care industry related facts, main sections of a business plan, forms to organize a business and lenders. It will be at the Child Care Licensing Office, 540 McCallie Ave., from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 634-6180 for more information and to register.
* Starting Your Child Day Care Business (Part 2) -- Business Planning. Topics to be covered at this Wednesday event include hands on business plant, self-assessment check list, evaluation, evaluating your business concept and developing business and financial information. It will be 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Child Care Licensing Office, 540 McCallie Ave. Call 634-6180 for more information and to register.
* Center for Entrepreneurial Growth Breakfast -- GEG director and Chamber VP John Riddell will talk on the topic -- "Want to Increase Your Revenue?" -- on Thursday at this event to be held from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at the Chamber board room. It is free and open to the public. Bagels and coffee will be provided.
* Small Business Orientation -- The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity on Thursday. It will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is free. It will be held at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register.
* Reality Check -- The Chamber's school-to-work program that helps ninth graders learn the connection between scholastic success and future income will be on Thursday from 8 to 10:45 a.m. at Signal Mountain Middle/High School. To volunteer to help present this program, contact Cathy Humble at 763-4321 or email@example.com.
* Writing a Winning Resume -- Get help on your resume. Handouts and examples will be provided for all who attend this Thursday gathering from noon to 1 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register.
* Business Advice --Free business help is available from members of SCORE, Counselors to America's Small Business, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Monday through Wednesday at the Franklin Building, suite 515, 5726 Marlin Road, at Eastgate Town Center. For more information, call 553-1722.