* Name: Amber Brook
* Location: The neighborhood is on Cassandra Smith Road near Hixson Pike. The subdivision is a short jaunt from Big Ridge Elementary, and children may also attend Hixson Middle and High schools.
* Status: Four houses are under construction and three are available. The first phase, which will consist of 57 lots, is currently under way. It will be followed by two more phases of 50 lots each.
* Age: The neighborhood was originally launched in 2007, but the developer abandoned the project during the housing crash. The project is now being re-launched with new builders and developers.
* Price: Homes in the neighborhood will encompass from 1,800 to 3,000 square feet and are priced at from $200,000 to $350,000.
* Features: With three to four bedrooms and two to three bathrooms, builders are targeting the professional adult market with this neighborhood, they say. A variety of home styles will dot the landscape, each with standard two-car garages and hard masonry exteriors. Inside each home, hardwood floors, upgraded cabinetry and fireplaces, and classic light fixtures and furnishings will lend an elegant feel. Some homes will feature conditioned crawlspaces, upgraded Energy Star windows and insulation, and EPA-approved HVAC equipment.
* Amenities: The neighborhood is centered in an established, middle-class area with a vibrant variety of shopping, worship, recreation and education options less than 10 minutes away. Each house comes with a sprinkler system and sod bundled into the price, and sidewalks will line both sides of the street.
Developers: Colony LP
* Builders: Dreamtech Builders, Pratt Homebuilders and Mercer Construction
* Contact: Sherman Smith at 423-595-7050