• Name: Boulder Point neighborhood
• Location: The neighborhood is on Shackleford Ridge Road, off Timberlinks on Signal Mountain. Children may attend Nolan Elementary, Signal Mountain Middle and High schools. All utilities are electric, and homes are served by septic systems.
• Status: Of the subdivision's 26 lots, four are sold. Workers are finishing utility and road construction.
• Price: Large lot sizes range from one to two acres and are available in home packages that cost from $350,000 to $480,000. The homes themselves are sized from 2,700 square feet to 4,200 square feet. Homes include three to five bedrooms and two to four bathrooms, and all homes feature two- and three-car garages.
• Features: Exterior walls are built using 2 by 6-inch beam boards which allow for more insulation than traditional two-by-four construction. Exterior facades will be built using a mix of brick, stone and cement-based products. The architecture, said builder Tracy Smith, will be turn-of-the-century.
"What we've seen in the last several decades is a dilution of true architectural styles," he said. Smith will include what he calls "timeless" touches like front porch columns, window and door headers and other traditional flourishes. Inside, granite, hardwood and tile surfaces abound, and perks like fireplaces, porches and decks come standard. Some homes will include basements.
• Amenities: The entire neighborhood will include sidewalks on both sides of the road and matching mailboxes. Trails from some of the heavily wooded lots lead down to a creek.
• Developer: Will Ford
• Builders: Blue Hammer Homes, LLC, Tracy Smith