The biggest construction projects started in Chattanooga last month were:
1. Silverdale Baptist Church education building, 7236 Bonny Oaks Drive, by EMJ Corp., $3.8 million
2. Chick-fil-A Inc., new restaurant at 5830 Brainerd Road, by W.H. Bass Inc., $900,000
3. Emma Wheeler Homes renovation of 22 apartments by 4900 Edingburg Drive by Tower Construction Co., $845,555
4. Neighborhood Center by Hullco Inc., at 1309 Panorama Drive, $645,000
5. McDonald's restaurant renovation at 6220 Lee Highway by AHA Contracting LLC, $611,743
Source: Chattanooga building permits for October, Chattanooga Department of Public Works.