Medical doctors remained the highest-paid workers in Chattanooga last year, earning more than even those who ran most local businesses.
1. OBSTETRICIANS AND GYNECOLOGISTS --$240,320 average annual pay in 2009
2. SURGEONS -- $233,260 average annual pay in 2009
3. INTERNISTS -- $194,850 average annual pay in 2009
4. FAMILY AND GENERAL PRACTITIONERS -- $166,210 average annual pay in 2009
5. CHIEF EXECUTIVES -- $155,590 average annual pay in 2009
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics for metropolitan Chattanooga for May 2009. Anesthesiolgists earn higher pay than other medical doctors nationwide, but BLS said estimates for their pay were not available in Chattanooga.