* Brainerd/East Brainerd Council Meeting at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. Bob Doak, president of the Chattanooga Convention and Visitors Bureau, will speak. Lunch: $10.
* Ribbon Cutting for St. Joseph Clinic PC at 1:30 p.m. at the clinic, 1720 Gunbarrel Road, Suite 108
* East Ridge council meeting at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at the East Ridge Community Center, 1517 Tombras Ave. Marc Gravitt, president of Energize East Ridge, will speak. Lunch: $10.
* Spirit of Innovation Awards at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Chattanooga Convention Center, 1150 Carter St.
* Enterprise Gateway Council Meeting at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at the Hospice of Chattanooga, 4411 Oakwood Drive. Roger D. Tuder, president of the Association of General Contractors of East Tennessee, will speak on "Future Growth of Chattanooga." Breakfast: $6.
* CEG/BDC Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Maury Nicely, attorney with Evans, Harrison & Hackett PLLC, will speak on "Proper Documentation in the Workplace." This seminar will focus on handling issues involving employee performance and workplace investigations. The event is free for CEG and BDC clients, and costs $10 for others. Contact Tabitha Erickson at 752-4301 or email@example.com to RSVP.
* Small Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. To register for the free event call 756-8668.
* Ribbon Cutting for Chattanooga Closet Company at 4 p.m. Thursday at the Chattanooga Closet Co., 1901 Broad St.
* International Business Council meeting at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, 1 Cameron Hill Circle. Speakers include state Sen. Andy Berke, Dr. Pablo Perez, Alex Loza and Kai Pandya. For more information about the International Business Council call Gladys Pineda-Loher at 763-4345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* YPAC October business development luncheon at 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce, 811 Broad St. This meeting will explore ways to become a better leader on the job, in the community and in one's personal life.