• Entrepreneur Bookkeeping from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Monday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will review the top 10 bookkeeping mistakes all small business owners should avoid, as well as practical solutions for overcoming these issues and ideas for office efficiency. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar is free and open to the public. To register in advance and learn more, call 423-756-8668.
• Red Bank Council Meeting from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Red Bank Community Center, located behind Erlanger North. Dr. George Graham of Chattanooga State will speak.
• Chattanooga's chapter of AIGA, the professional association for design, will host a Creative Citizenship Event from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday at the downtown Chattanooga Public Library. The session is open to both designers and non-designers and will feature speaker Michael Hendrix, associate partner and studio director at IDEO Boston. Hendrix will be discussing innovation culture. The cost to attend is $10 for sustaining members, $14 for supporters, $18 for contributors, $5 for student members, $10 for student non-members and $20 for non-members. For more information visit http://
chattanooga.aiga.org/upcoming-events/ or contact DJ Trischler at dj@ chattanooga.aiga.org.
• East Ridge Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at East Ridge Community Center, 1517 Tombras Ave. Meetings cost $10.
• Enterprise Gateway Council Meeting from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Hospice of Chattanooga: 4411 Oakwood Drive. Rick Hansard of Coca Cola Bottling Co. will speak on "Cultural Diversity." Meetings cost $10.
• CEG/INCubator Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Shelley Prevost, a partner at Lamp Post Group, will present strategies for married business partners who want to learn how to live and work better together.
• Small Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-757-8668 to register.
• Financing Your Business the SBA Way from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. This workshop covers SBA loan options, including which loan program meets a specific entrepreneurial need. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• International Business Council Meeting from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The meetings feature cross-cultural business training, networking opportunities and exposure to multi-cultural foods, music, dance and art. Call 423-756-8668 to register.