Events and Seminars
• East Brainerd Council meeting Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. Meetings cost $10 with Stu Lewis of Sandler Training.
• East Ridge Council meeting Wednesday from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Best Western Plus Arbour Inn and Suites, 6710 Ringgold Road. Hamilton County Mayor Jim Coppinger will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Developing a successful marketing strategy Wednesday from 2 to 4:30 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This second of a two-part series aims to assist small-business owners in growing their businesses through effective marketing strategies and personal selling. To register for this free event, contact Maria Noel at 423-763-4338 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration begins at 1:30 p.m.
• Enterprise Gateway Council meeting Thursday from 8:30 to 9:45 a.m. at Hospice of Chattanooga, 4411 Oakwood Drive. Meetings cost $10 with Lisa Roche of Miller-Motte Technical College.
• CEG/BDC INCubator luncheon Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Ronald Zirk and Tammy Brannon, ZirkOps Training, LLC. Topic: Introduction to Situational Awareness. This event is free for CEG/INCubator clients and costs $10 for others. To RSVP, contact Tabitha Erickson at 423-752-4301 or email@example.com.
• Small business orientation Thursday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Counselor will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other start-up materials. Free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training to register.
• Affordable Care Act (ACA) workshop Friday from 11 a.m. to noon at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. If you are confused about the changes, costs, or your role from health care reform, attend this free workshop directed at explaining the provisions of health care reform and ACA. Register online for this free event at www.tsbdc.org/chscc or call 423-756-8688 for questions.
• YPAC luncheon Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Chattanooga Chamber, 811 Broad St. Offered the last Friday of each month, YPAC Professional Development luncheons feature networking and a keynote discussion from a local leader on topics related to the career development of the area's young professionals. Networking begins at 11:30 a.m. followed by lunch and programming at noon. Admission is $10 for YPAC members, $12 for non-members or $15 at the door.