1N3 DAY - Buffalo Wild Wings, 5744 Highway 153. Event to raise awareness about dangers of drunk driving features balloon release, 6 p.m. Wednesday. 710-8754.
CHATTANOOGA RIVER MARKET - Tennessee Aquarium plaza, 1 Broad St. Vendors sell local produce, arts, crafts and horticultural projects, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Julie Gribble plays at 12:30 p.m. www.ChattanoogaMarket.com.
CRUISE-IN - LaFayette, Ga., downtown square. Cars judged in best restoration, best resto-mod and best original categories, 6-9 p.m. Aug. 4. Free. 706-639-1519.
DOWNTOWN KAYAK ADVENTURES - Outdoor Chattanooga, 200 River St. in Coolidge Park. Beginner-friendly trips take paddlers around The Passage, Maclellan Island and Ross's Landing, 9-11:30 a.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Aug. 26. $35 adults, $25 child ages 8-13. No experience needed. Reservations required: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FIREFIGHTER MUSTER - Heritage High School, 3960 Poplar Springs, Ringgold, Ga. Catoosa County Fire Department and Fort Oglethorpe Fire Rescue co-host Northwest Georgia Fire Chiefs Association Firefighter Muster, 9 a.m. Saturday. Free to spectaters, bring lawn chair. 706-935-2001.
FRESH ON FRIDAYS - Miller Plaza, 850 Market St. Twelve trucks selling food, plus vendors with flowers and produce, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Fridays. 265-3700.
FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE BETH - Bethlehem Center, 200 W. 38th St. Evening of fun for adults outside a club setting, 7 p.m. today. $10 admission per person, $20 with dinner, $35 per couple with dinner. 266-1384.
HIKES - Led by Soddy-Daisy Hiking Club. Bring water and snack. 842-3619.
• Saturday: Lula Lake Land Trust, easy-to-moderate 6 miles, meet at Red Bank Bi-Lo parking lot, 8:30 a.m.
• Tuesday: Raccoon Mountain, easy 2.5 miles, meet at Red Bank Bi-Lo parking lot, 8:30 a.m.
• Aug. 4: Fall Creek Falls, meet at Durham Street parking lot in Soddy-Daisy, 9 a.m.
HISTORY CENTER PREVIEW - Chattanooga History Center, 2 Broad St. Dr. Daryl Black presents "The Funnel of the World," the story of Ross's Landing and the establishment of Chattanooga because of its geographical placement, 7 p.m. Aug. 7. Reservation deadline Aug. 6. Second in lecture series previewing galleries in new Chattanooga History Center. Free for members, $5 all others. 265-3247.
RINGGOLD MARKET - Downtown Ringgold, Ga., outside the courthouse. New farmers market with some crafts; sponsored by Chattanooga Market, 8-11 a.m. Saturdays. 402-9958.
RIVER CANYON ADVENTURE - River Canyon Apartments, 21726 River Canyon Road. Kayak and paddleboard rentals, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily. Also, three-hour trips at 9 a.m., noon and 3 p.m. to Williams Island or to Raccoon Mountain. Boat pickup an extra $10. Reservations: 987-1711.
ROCK CITY - 1400 Patten Road, Lookout Mountain, Ga. Events Saturdays and Sundays through Labor Day. $18.95 adults, $10.95 children 3-12. www.seerockcity.com
• New Binkley Brothers: Noon-4 p.m. at Lover's Leap.
• Birds of Prey: 11 a.m., 1 and 3 p.m. Additional 4:30 p.m. show Saturdays.
SOUTHSIDE STROLL - Merchants along East and West Main streets. Restaurants, galleries and other businesses offer music, refreshments, special pricing, 5-8 p.m. today. Free. 400-4100.
TRAIN RIDES - Departing from Tennessee Valley Railroad, 4119 Cromwell Road. 894-8028, www.tvrail.com.
• Missionary Ridge Local: Six-mile, 55-minute ride through East Chattanooga to TVRM's repair shop. Fridays-Sundays. $16 adults, $10 children ages 3-12.
• Chickamauga Turn: Six-hour trip includes lunch layover in Chickamauga, Ga.,10 a.m.-4:15 p.m. Saturdays through Sept. 29. $34 adults, $26 children, ticket upgrade available for lunch in dining car.
WIFFLE BALL TOURNAMENT - Athens Regional Park, Athens, Tenn. Double-elimination tournament benefits McMinn County Living Heritage Museum, 7 p.m. today. Rules session at 6:30 p.m. For entry information: 423-745-0329.
CHATTANOOGA PUBLIC LIBRARY - 1001 Broad St. (main library) and branches at Eastgate, Northgate and South Chattanooga. For information on preschool story time, Adventure Club for ages 6 and up, and the teen center, Teen Stack, call 757-5310 or visit www.lib.chattanooga.gov.
• Saturday: Children's Summer Reading Program finale, 9:30-11:30 a.m., First Tennessee Pavilion, free refreshments, door prizes.
• Aug. 4: Teen Own the Night masquerade ball, 7 p.m., downtown library branch.
CHILDREN'S STORY HOUR
Barnes & Noble, 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd., 11 a.m. Wednesdays. 893-0186.
• Books Never-Ending, 247 Cloud Springs Road, Rossville, 10:30 a.m. Saturdays for ages 3-8. 706-891-0774. www.booksneverending.com.
ART CREATIONS - 2288 Gunbarrel Road, 266-3626.
• Today-Aug. 31: Learning To Paint in Watercolors, with instructor Effton Mitchell, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Fridays.
• Today-Aug. 31: Beginner Painting in Acrylics, with instructor Mollie Youngblood, 1:30-4 p.m. Fridays.
• Today-Aug. 31: Children's Drawing Class for ages 9-15, with instructor Mollie Youngblood, 4:30-6 p.m. Fridays.
• Thursday-Sept. 13: Introduction to Cartooning and Character Development, with instructor Winston Stringfield, 4-5:30 p.m. Thursdays.
• Thursday-Sept. 13: Learning To Draw What You See, with instructor Winston Stringfield, 5:30-7 p.m. Thursdays.
• Aug. 4-Sept. 8: Learn To Draw Your Favorite Characters, with instructor Cliff Banks, 2-3:30 p.m. Saturdays.
EAC POTTERY STUDIO - John A. Patten Recreation Center, 3204 Kelly's Ferry Road. Hours: 6-9 p.m. Mondays, 3-9 p.m. Wednesdays, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays. Cost: $10 for three-hour session, $25 for 25 pounds of clay, which includes bisque and glaze firing. 260-0255.
TOWNSEND ATELIER - 201 W. Main St. Registration required for all classes. 266-2712.
• Aug. 4-5: Watercolor workshop with instructor Daud Akhriev, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., $200.
• Aug. 11-12: Watercolor workshop, with instructor Daud Akhriev, 9 a..m.-5 p.m., $200.
BALLROOM - Chattanooga DanceSport at Scenic City Dance Center, 6435 Lee Highway (formerly McKay's). Lesson 8 p.m. today, dancing 9-11 p.m. $10 per person, no partner required.635-5976.
CONTRA - All Saints Academy, 310 E. Eighth St. Chattanooga Traditional Dance Society presents music by The Yahoos and caller Vicki Herndon, 8-11 p.m. Saturday. Free lesson at 7:30 p.m. No dance experience or partner needed. $8 adults, $5 students. 876-7359.
LINE - Allemande Hall, 7400 Standifer Gap Road. Dance to music of all genres, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Monday, $7 per evening, $22 monthly. www.linesinmotion.net.
SHAG - Elks Lodge, Graysville Road at East Brainerd Road. Dance with members of Chattanooga Shag Dance Club, 7 p.m. Thursday. $5 members, $7 guests, free to first-time guests. email@example.com.