ANTIQUES SALE - Knitting Mill Antiques, 205 Manufacturers Road. Original art, antiques and furnishings from private collection of two retiring antique dealers, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. today and Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday. Free admission. 267-1922.
ATHENS CHAMBER BENEFIT DINNER - Tennessee Wesleyan College, Athens, Tenn. Athens Chamber of Commerce honors 1998 National Champion UT Vols football team, 6 p.m., July 28. Speakers will be Al Wilson, Peerless Price and former Coach Phil Fulmer. $25. Reservations: 423-745-0334.
BATTLEFIELD BIKE TOUR - Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park, Fort Oglethorpe Bring bike and helmet and join ranger for 2-hour ride through battlefield, 9:30 a.m. Saturday. Meet at Visitor Center. Children 8 and older may ride when accompanied by an adult. 706-866-9241.
CHATTANOOGA RIVER MARKET - Tennessee Aquarium plaza, 1 Broad St. Vendors sell local produce, arts, crafts and horticultural projects, 10 a.m. Saturday. www.ChattanoogaMarket.com.
CRUISE-IN IN THE PARK - LaFayette Road, off Highway 27, Fort Oglethorpe All vehicles and spectators welcome, 4 p.m. Saturday. Includes 1950s-60s music, door prizes, cash drawing. No charge. 706-866-8290.
DOWNTOWN KAYAK ADVENTURES - Outdoor Chattanooga, 200 River St. in Coolidge Park. Beginner-friendly trips take paddlers around The Passage, Maclellan Island and Ross's Landing, 9-11:30 a.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Aug. 26. $35 adults, $25 child ages 8-13. Reservations required: email@example.com.
FRESH ON FRIDAYS - Miller Plaza, 850 Market St. Twelve trucks selling food, plus vendors with flowers and produce, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Fridays. 265-3700.
FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE BETH - Bethlehem Center, 200 W. 38th St. Evening of fun for adults outside a club setting, 7 p.m. today. $10 admission per person, $20 with dinner, $35 per couple with dinner. 266-1384.
HIKES - Led by Soddy-Daisy Hiking Club. Bring water and snack. 842-3619.
• Saturday: Red Clay State Park Council of Trees Trail, easy 3.5 miles, meet at Target on Highway 153, 8 a.m.
• Tuesday: Cumberland Trail from Highway 11 to Board Camp Creek and back, moderate 6 miles, meet at Durham Street parking lot in Soddy-Daisy, 8:30 a.m.
• July 28: Lula Lake Land Trust, easy-moderate 6 miles, meet at Red Bank Bi-Lo parking lot, 8:30 a.m.
HOME EDUCATION EXPO - Camp Jordan Arena, East Ridge. Resources for homeschoolers, 80 exhibitors, 65 workshops, 9 a.m.-7:30 p.m. today, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Two-day admission $8 per family. www.csthea.org.
KIWANIS BARBECUE - Tennessee Baptist Children's Home, 6623 Lee Highway. Kiwanis Club of Brainerd's 66th annual fundraiser, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. July 27-28. $7 for bulk meat or plate. 698-5457.
MONTEAGLE ASSEMBLY TOUR - Monteagle Sunday School Assembly grounds, 76 Assembly St., Monteagle, Tenn. Tour of eight cottages and 1883 auditorium/gymnasium, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. CDT today; bazaar 9 a.m.-5 p.m. CDT. Tickets $20 at gate. 615-473-4975.
RINGGOLD MARKET - Downtown Ringgold, Ga., outside the courthouse. New farmers market with some crafts, 8-11 a.m. Saturdays. Sponsored by Chattanooga Market. 402-9958.
RIVER CANYON ADVENTURE - River Canyon Apartments, 21726 River Canyon Road. Kayak and paddleboard rentals, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily. Also, three-hour trips at 9 a.m., noon and 3 p.m. either to Williams Island or to Raccoon Mountain. Boat pickup an extra $10. Reservations: 987-1711.
ROCK CITY - 1400 Patten Road, Lookout Mountain, Ga. Events Saturdays and Sundays through Labor Day. Admission: $18.95 adults, $10.95 children 3-12. www.seerockcity.com
• New Binkley Brothers: Noon-4 p.m. at Lover's Leap.
• Birds of Prey: 11 a.m., 1 and 3 p.m. Additional 4:30 p.m. show Saturdays.
SOUTHSIDE STROLL - Merchants along East and West Main streets. Restaurants, galleries offer music, refreshments, special pricing, 5-8 p.m. July 27. Free. 400-4100.
TRAIN RIDES - Departing from Tennessee Valley Railroad, 4119 Cromwell Road. 894-8028, www.tvrail.com.
• Missionary Ridge Local: Six-mile, 55-minute ride through East Chattanooga to TVRM's repair shop. Fridays-Sundays. $16 adults, $10 children ages 3-12.
• Chickamauga Turn: Six-hour trip includes lunch layover in Chickamauga, Ga., 10 a.m.-4:15 p.m. Saturdays through Sept. 29. $34 adults, $26 children, ticket upgrade available for lunch in dining car.
WIFFLE BALL TOURNAMENT - Athens Regional Park, Athens, Tenn. Double-elimination tournament benefiting McMinn County Living Heritage Museum, 7 p.m. July 27; rules session starts at 6:30 p.m. For entry information: 423-745-0329.
BOOK SIGNING - Catoosa County Library, 108 Catoosa Circle, Ringgold, Ga. Virginia McKevitt signs "Fracture: The Secret Enemy Saga," 1 p.m. Saturday. Ten percent of sales will be donated to Friends of the Catoosa Library. 706-965-3600.
CHATTANOOGA PUBLIC LIBRARY - 1001 Broad St. (main library) and branches at Eastgate, Northgate and South Chattanooga. For information on preschool story time, Adventure Club for ages 6 and up, and the teen center, Teen Stack, call 757-5310 or visit www.lib.chattanooga.gov.
• July 28: Children's Summer Reading Program finale, 9:30-11:30 a.m., First Tennessee Pavilion, free refreshments, door prizes.
CHICKAMAUGA PUBLIC LIBRARY - 306 Cove Road, Chickamauga, Ga. 706-375-3004.
• Tuesday: Russell Cave National Monument staff present "Prehistoric Tools and Weapons," 5:30 p.m.
• Thursday: Chattanooga Zoo staff program on nocturnal animals, 10 a.m.
CHILDREN'S STORY HOUR
• Barnes & Noble, 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd., 11 a.m. Wednesdays. 893-0186.
• Books Never-Ending, 247 Cloud Springs Road, Rossville, 10:30 a.m. Saturdays for ages 3-8. 706-891-0774. www.booksneverending.com
CREATIVE DISCOVERY MUSEUM - 321 Chestnut St. Admission: $11.95 adults and children. 756-2738, www.cdmfun.org.
• Current exhibit: "Tinkertoy: Build Your Imagination," through Sept. 9.
• Honey Harvest: Annual event includes honey extractions at 12:30, 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30 p.m., honey tastings at noon, 1, 2 and 3 p.m. July 28-29.
KIDS TIME - Tennessee Riverpark Shelter 4 off Amnicola Highway. Final weekly event for ages 5-10 accompanied by an adult, 10 a.m. Thursday. Sponsored by Hamilton County Parks and Recreation. No reservation required, but groups of eight or more should call ahead. 842-6748.
ART CREATIONS - 2288 Gunbarrel Road, 266-3626.
• Monday-Aug. 27: Intro to Academic Portrait Drawing, with instructor Alex Loza, 5:30-7 p.m. Mondays.
• Tuesday-Aug. 28: Portraiture: Capturing a Likeness, with instructor Charlie Newton, 5:30-7 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Wednesday and Aug. 1: Experimental Acrylic Workshop, with instructor Sandra Washburn, 10:30 a.m-1 p.m.
• Wednesday-Aug. 29: Learn To Paint in Acrylics: Florals, Landscapes and Abstracts, with instructor Sandra Washburn, 2-4:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Wednesday-Aug. 29: Drawing Fundamentals II, with instructor Alex Loza, 5:30-7 p.m. Wednesdays.
• July 27-Aug. 31: Learning To Paint in Watercolors, with instructor Effton Mitchell, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Fridays.
• July 27-Aug. 31: Beginner Painting in Acrylics, with instructor Mollie Youngblood, 1:30-4 p.m. Fridays.
• July 27-Aug. 31: Children's Drawing Class for ages 9-15, with instructor Mollie Youngblood, 4:30-6 p.m. Fridays.
MOUNTAIN ARTS COMMUNITY CENTER - 809 Kentucky Ave., Signal Mountain. 886-1050, signalmountainmacc.org. Children's clay hand-building course, led by Kelly Jackson, 3-5:30 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday.
OBEDIENCE CLUB OF CHATTANOOGA - Highway 193, Flintstone, Ga. Dog obedience classes start Monday. Registration 1-3 p.m. Sunday at club; bring dog's current shot record. 517-1448.
SHANKS CENTER FOR THE ARTS - 140 N. Main St., Crossville, Tenn. Acrylic painting class with master teacher Mara Yeates-Trumbo, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. CDT Saturday, $60 (supplies included). 931-787-1936.
TOWNSEND ATELIER - 201 W. Main St. Registration required for all classes. 266-2712.
• Saturday: Oil Painting Boot Camp, with instructor James Courtenay James, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., $110.
• Aug. 4-5: Watercolor workshop with instructor Daud Akhriev, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., $200.
BALLROOM PARTY - Hamilton Academy of Dance, 8509 Hixson Pike. Dancing 7:30-10 p.m. Saturday. $7 includes lesson at 6:30 p.m. 667-0017.
CONTRA - All Saints Academy, 310 E. Eighth St. Chattanooga Traditional Dance Society presents music by The Yahoos and caller Vicki Herndon, 8-11 p.m. July 28. Free lesson at 7:30 p.m. $8 adults, $5 students. No dance experience or partner needed. 876-7359.
LINE - Allemande Hall, 7400 Standifer Gap Road. Dance to music of all genres, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Monday. $7 per evening, $22 monthly. www.linesinmotion.net.
SHAG - Elks Lodge, Graysville Road at East Brainerd Road. Dance with Choo Choo Shag Club, 7 p.m. Thursday. $5 members, $7 guests, free to first-time guests. firstname.lastname@example.org.