Here are the top 10 global cities with super fast internet.
1. Seoul, South Korea - The South Korean capital has a download speed of close to 1.5 Gbps and upload speed of around 1.5 Gbps. The average monthly cost of internet in Seoul is $30. Seoul has fiber optic technology, mainly and the leading broadband ISP in Seoul is HelloVision.
2. Tokyo, Japan - The leading ISP in Tokyo is KDDI and the average cost of internet here is $35 per month. Tokyo boasts download speed of over 1 Gbps and upload speed of over 1 Gbps.
3. Hong Kong, China - The financial center of Asia has super fast internet provided by a network of fiber optic cables. The leading ISP here is the Hong Kong Broadband Network Limited and costs $50 per month.
4. Chattanooga - Chattanooga has both upload and download speeds of over 1,000 Mbps. The city-owned electric utility, EPB, provides gig service at $69.99 per month. Both EPB and Comcast can offer up to 10 Gig service for higher rates.
5. Kansas City - Google Fiber, a division of Google Technologies, is the leading ISP and offers upload and download speeds of over 1,000 Mbps for $70 per month.
6. Lafayette, Louisiana - LUS Fiber offers upload speed of 1000 Mbps and a download speed of 1000 Mbps at at price of $999.95 per month.
7. Bristol, Tennessee and Virginia - Through the municipal utility, BVU, both upload and download speeds exceed 1 Gbps for $320 per month.
8. Riga, Latvia - The capital city of Latvia boasts internet speeds of over 900 Mbps for $9.22 per month.
9. Amsterdam, The Netherlands - The leading ISP in Amsterdam is KPN, which offers an upload and download speed of close to 800 Mbps at a monthly charge of $87.
10. New York, New York - Verizon is the leading ISP with Gig service for $300 a month.
Source: Do Speed Test, an internet speed testing service that has worked with clients around the world to find out whether their ISPs are indeed delivering their promised internet speeds