In the fiscal year ended June 30, 2017, real estate sales totaled nearly $2.63 billion in Hamilton County. In the 12-month period, 14,154 properties changed owners. The biggest sales involved purchases of apartment complexes. They were:
1. Legends at White Oak in Collegedale, a 312-unit apartment complex built in 2015, sold for $41.8 million to Olympus Property in Fort Worth, Texas.
2. The Village at Apison, a 248-unit apartment complex built in 2015, sold for $31.9 million to a partnership organized by the Hudson Group in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
3. Elements of Chattanooga, a 260-unit apartment complex at 7420 Standifer Gap Road, sold for $31 million to POH Hunters Point LLC in Hollywood, Florida.
4. The District at Hamilton Place, a 300-unit apartment complex at 1920 Gunbarrel Road, sold for $28 million to Shores Calhoun LLC in Hopkins, Michigan.
5. Standifer Place Apartment Homes, a 240-unit apartment complex built in 1998 at 3400 Jenkins Road, sold for $25.5 million to Graycliff Capital in Greenville, South Carolina.
6. The 108-bed Life Care Centers of America nursing home in East Ridge was sold for $24 million after its completion to an investment group organized by Life Care.
7. Mountain Creek Apartments, a 296-unit apartment complex on Mountain Creek Road, sold for $20 million to Radco Cos. of Atlanta.
8. The 109-unit Residence Inn by Marriott and the adjacent 87-room TownePlace Suites by Marriott, both located on Center Street near Lee Highway and the Hamilton Place Mall, sold for $18.8 million to American Hotel Income Properties REIT LP, based in Vancouver, British Columbia.
9. Northtown Village, a 180-unit apartment complex at 1011 Gadd Road in Hixson, sold for $14.25 million to Pinnacle in Addison, Texas.
10. Autumn Brook Apartments, a complex of one- and two-bedroom apartments built in 1989 at 555 Hixson Pike, was sold to investment partnership, Autumn Brook Apartments LLC , in Spring Valley, New York for $10.8 million.