The most expensive building permits granted by the city of Chattanooga for new building projects in 2017 were for:
1. Erlanger Children's Hospital outpatient center at 900 E. 3rd Street by McCarthy Building Companies, $29 million.
2. A 190-unit, four-story apartment and parking garage at 328 Cherokee Boulevard by Morgan Construction Company, $28.3 million.
3. UTC apartment complex with 456 beds in 138 units, plus a 330-space parking garage, at 1001 McCallie Avenue by M.A.P. Enterprises Inc., $25 million.
4. Erlanger and Acadia HealthCare joint venture for an 88-bed psychiatric hospital at Holtzclaw and Citico Avenues by Layton Construction Company, $15.8 million
5. Read House hotel renovation and upgrade at 827 Broad Street by T.U. Parks Construction Company, $13.8 million.
6. Renovation and upgrade of 200 apartments in 63 buildings at Cromwell Hills by the Chattanooga Housing Authority at 3940 Camellia Drive, $11.1 million.
7. Baylor School expansion and building at 171 Baylor School Road by Morgan Construction, $10.4 million.
8. New four-story Moxey hotel at 1220 King Street by Gcc Construction, $10.2 million.
9. Aircraft hangar at 5900 Pinehurst Avenue by Talley Construction, $9.6 million
10. Erlanger East and medical office building at 1751 Gunbarrel Road, $9.3 million.
Source: Chattanooga Land Development Office, Building Inspection Department