* Catoosa County Democratic Party: Caffeine Addicts Coffee Shop, Nashville Street in Ringgold, Ga., 9 a.m., all local Democrats welcome, program on 2012 elections. 770-826-8644.
* Walker County Historical Society: Marsh House, 308 North Main St., LaFayette, Ga., 2:30 p.m., visitors welcome, Marilyn Ransom presents program on the history of First Baptist Church of LaFayette. 706-764-2801.
* Flute Concert: Camp House, 1427 Williams St., 7:30 p.m., $2, Chattanooga Area Flute Society performs, directed by Nora Kile.
* Balance and Gait Screening: Eastgate Town Center, 5600 Brainerd Road, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., screening sponsored by Rehab South Outpatient Physical Therapy. 877-4599.
* Chattanooga Storytelling Circle: Chattanooga Public Library, 1001 Broad St., 6:30 p.m., visitors welcome. 779-4466.
* Cleveland State Lecture: Cleveland State Community college, Johnson Cultural Heritage Center theater, Cleveland, Tenn., 7 p.m., free, Dr. Joseph Sebarenzi, former head of the Rwanda parliament, speaks on "A Message of Peace and Reconciliation." 614-8748.
* Lee Band Concert: Lee University, Conn Center, Cleveland, Tenn., 7:30 p.m., free, Symphonic Band presents concert of wind band and worship music. 614-8240.
* Linguistics Lecture: Lee University, Jones Lecture Hall in School of Religion, intersection of Eighth and Parker streets, Cleveland, Tenn., 7 p.m., free, Dr. David Ross presents "The Role of Linguistics in the Experiences of a Bible Translator." 614-8223.
* 401(k) Seminar: The Chattanoogan hotel's amphitheatre, 1201 Broad St., 8 a.m. continental breakfast followed by seminar on new 401(k) federal fee disclosure requirements scheduled for July, seminar for CPS and human resource professionals, but public may attend. 756-0125, ext. 1003.
* Human Trafficking Lecture: UTC Fine Arts Center, corner of Vine and Palmetto streets, noon, free, author and investigative journalist Christine Dolan speaks on "Slavery in the 21st Century, Human Trafficking: A Global Shame."
* UTC Band Concert: UTC Fine Arts Center, corner of Vine and Palmetto streets, 7:30 p.m., free. UTC Concert Band, directed by Dr. Stuart Benkert, presents "A Night at the Movies" featuring music from "Star Wars," "Indiana Jones" and Disney's "Fantasia."
* Ysaye Quartet: Lee University, Dixon Center, Cleveland, Tenn., 7:30 p.m., European quartet performs in Presidential concert Series. For tickets: 423-614-8343.
* Allied Arts Campaign Kickoff: Bessie Smith Cultural Center, 200 M.L. King Blvd., 5 p.m., free, performances by many local musicians.
* Dr. Seuss Party: Cleveland State Community College library, Cleveland, Tenn., 10 a.m.-1 p.m., free but children must be accompanied by an adult, costumed Seuss characters, art activities, goody bag. 472-7141, ext. 282.
-- Compiled by Susan Pierce