• ACT-SO talent showcase: Barger Academy of Fine Arts, 4808 Brainerd Road, 6 p.m., free. 400-1040.
• Independence Day celebration: Georgia Winery, 6469 Battlefield Parkway, Ringgold, Ga. 10 a.m.-6 p.m., free. Red, White and Blueberry Blush sale includes tours of winery at 2 and 4 p.m., free wine-tasting. Barbecue and music by Sweet Georgia Sound noon to 4 p.m. 706-937-WINE.
• Love Loud on the Parkway: Hutcheson on the Parkway, Battlefield Parkway, 1-5 pm., community block party sponsored by Catoosa Baptist Association. Proceeds will benefit rebuilding of Mount Peria Baptist Church. 706-937-5323.
• Summer concert series: The Camp House, 1427 Williams St., 8 p.m. doors open, 8:30 p.m. performance, $15. Creative Underground presents Eclectic, a jam and open-mic session for local singers and musicians. www.tcuchatt.com
• Audubon Society birthday: Audubon Acres, Walker Hall, 900 N. Sanctuary Road, 1-5 p.m., birthday cake and ice cream to celebrate Audubon Society's 68th birthday. 892-1499.
• Children's July Fourth party: Creative Discovery Museum, 321 Chestnut St., noon-4 p.m., free with regular museum admission of $10.95. Free admission to all active-duty military families when military ID is presented. Limit two adults, two children. Activities include 2 p.m. parade followed by bubble-wrap fireworks, 2:30 p.m. birthday cake and ice cream. 756-2738.
• Cruise-in: LaFayette, Ga., downtown square, 6-9 p.m., free. Cars judged in best restoration, best resto-mod and best original categories. 706-639-1519.
• JulyFest: Mason Park, next to town hall on Highway 117, Mentone, Ala., 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; continues 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday (all times Central), free. Arts and crafts festival with live music, pet parade. 706-398-0858.
• Pancake breakfast: Applebee's at Northgate Mall, Highway 153, 7:30-9:30 a.m., $6, sponsored by the Hamilton County Republican Women. Call 266-6855 for reservations.
• Town hall summit: Sweetwater High School, 414 South Hig St., Sweetwater, Tenn., 7 p.m., free. Dr. Mary Headrick and Bill Taylor speak on issues in 3rd District House of Representatives race. firstname.lastname@example.org.