Latter-day Saints adds building
• The South Pittsburg Branch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints recently dedicated its new building in Kimball, Tenn.
The Main Street building includes a chapel for worship, educational classrooms and a multipurpose room where families, friends and the community can fellowship.
Substantial growth in recent years led to the need for the construction, officials said.
• Terra Vista Baptist Church, 4412 Oakwood Drive; 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13; hot dog/chili supper benefits church's Nov. 10 Ladies Tea; $10 adults, $5 children 10-under; 892-3879 or 667-2706 or www.TerraVistaBaptist.org.
Blessing of the animals
• St. Paul Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 2 p.m. Sunday; furry, finned, scaled and feathered friends and those who care for them invited for annual celebration; 266-8195.
• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 5:45 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26 and Saturday, Oct. 27; seven-session seminar on spiritual growth and inner healing through The Lord's Prayer led by author/teacher Rita Bennett, president of Christian Renewal Association; $50 per person, $80 per couple, including three meals (before Wednesday); $60 per person, $90 per couple, including three meals (after Wednesday); 266-8195, ext. 315, or 336-3278.
• GraceBridge Church of Christ, 6224 Airpark Drive; 9 a.m.-5 p.m. today; "Secrets to Lasting Love" presentation by First Things First on reconnecting and breathing life into marriage; registration deadline noon Thursday; 267-5383 or firstthings.org.
• One Accord Community Church, 343 Sweetland Drive, Red Bank; 7-9 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13; "The Art Of Marriage" conference led by pastor Ray Williams for married and single adults and those who want to assist others; www.oneaccordcommunitychurch.org.
• Brockdell Church of God, 10353 Brockdell Road, Pikeville, Tenn.; 2 p.m. CDT today; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also at Shirley Baptist Church, 1833 Shirley Road, Armathwaite, Tenn., 11 a.m. CDT Sunday; Family Worship Center, 4547 Knoxville Highway, Oliver Springs, Tenn., 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Friday; weekly singing features Sacrifice Quartet and Simply Blessed; 706-891-5683.
• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 4 p.m. Sunday; choral evensong features canticles by Thomas Attwood Walmisley and music by Baynon, Moe, Sanders, and White, with reception following; free but freewill offering will be taken for outreach ministries; 266-8195.
• The Chattanoogan, 1201 Broad St.; 7:30-9:30 a.m. Oct. 25; J103-sponsored annual Pastor Appreciation Breakfast features music by recording artist/worship leader Chris McDaniel and world champion finger guitarist Wesley Crider and message by former Philadelphia Eagles running back and now Greater Exodus Baptist Church pastor Dr. Herb Lusk; free but registration needed at www.revelationtickets.com.
• The Salvation Army Citadel Corps, 1019 N. Moore Road; 8 a.m.-2 p.m. today; community retreat focusing on the Beth Moore book "Loving Well," led by Teresa Norman of Mount Olive Ministries of Cleveland, Tenn.; free, including meals; 756-1023 or www.csarmy.org.