Erlanger Health System, in partnership with the Minority Health Fair and the American Stroke Association, will present "The Power to End Stroke" on Saturday at Greater Tucker Missionary Baptist Church, 1115 N. Moore Road.
This free, educational event, which is open to the public, will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Stroke experts from Erlanger will discuss topics related to stroke throughout the event.
• Dr. Abdelazim Sirelkhatim, of Erlanger Neurology Group, will present "Signs, Symptoms and Risk Factors of Stroke."
• Jennifer Sparks, NP-C, of Tennessee Interventional Associates, will talk on "Interventional Treatment for Stroke Patients."
• Dr. Gabe Tallent, of Erlanger Sleep Medicine and Neurology, will address "Sleep Apnea and Stroke."
• Dr. Thomas G. Devlin, medical director of Erlanger Southeast Regional Stroke Center, will address "why you should come to Erlanger if you are having a stroke."
• Dr. Lisa Staton, stroke survivor and physician with the UT College of Medicine, will speak on "The Power to End Stroke."
Free blood pressure screenings will be given from 8 to 9 a.m., and participants will have the opportunity to enjoy a free light breakfast and a free heart-healthy lunch.
Although the event is free, advance registration is required. To register, call 778-LINK.