• FAFSA Workshop: UTC University Center, East Fifth Street on campus, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., free event for high school seniors and their parents. Public Education Foundation hosts "College Goal Tennessee" workshop with volunteers on hand to help families fill out the Free Application for Student Aid, the federal financial form students are required to file in order to be eligible for state or federal college aid. 423-648-4443.
• High School Vocal Competition: First Baptist Church, 401 Gateway Ave., 2 p.m., free and open to spectators; high school juniors and seniors compete for cash prizes in competition sponsored by The Performing Arts League. 423-756-2256.
• Cherokee Sierra Club: Outdoor Chattanooga, 200 River St., 7 p.m., free and visitors welcome, Jeremy Dahl speaks on "How to Get Your Voice Heard: Grassroots Politics." email@example.com
• American Sign Language Classes: Partnership for Families, Children and Adults, Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, 1800 McCallie Ave., 6-8 p.m., $150 for 15-week class open to anyone wanting to learn ASL. To register, call 423-697-3842 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Environmental Talk: UTC University Center, Raccoon Mountain Room, East Fifth Street on campus, 3 p.m., free; Dr. Sean Richards, UTC professor of biological and environmental sciences, speaks on "Human Pharmaceuticals in our Lakes and Rivers." 423-425-4363.
• STEM Education Talk: Challenger STEM Learning Center on UTC campus, 855 E. Fifth St., 5:30 p.m., free. Dr. June Scobee Rodgers speaks on "Why STEM Teachers Are Needed Today More Than Ever." Following Rodgers, Perry Storey, director of the center, will speak on ways the center can help teachers engage students in STEM education. A tour of the center will follow. 423-425-4363.