9-year-old charged in Chattanooga restaurant fire

9-year-old charged in Chattanooga restaurant fire

February 18th, 2011 by Staff Report in Local Regional News

A 9-year-old boy was charged today with aggravated arson in a Feb. 5 fire at the Hardee's Restaurant at 6013 Shallowford Road, according to the Chattanooga Fire Department.

The fire started in the men's restroom and restaurant had to be evacuated, but firefighters put out the blaze quickly and contained damage to that room, spokesman Bruce Garner said in a news release.

No one was injured and damage was estimated at $5,000.

The child was taken to the Juvenile Detention Center for booking, the release stated.