Small fire in Hixson home started in dryer

Small fire in Hixson home started in dryer

February 17th, 2012 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

A small residential fire Friday afternoon in Hixson was caused by an old dryer apparently built-up with lint, authorities said.

Firefighters responded to the fire at 12:32 p.m. at 744 Ashley Forest Lane, and the fire was contained to the laundry area, according to a news release from Chattanooga Fire Department spokesman Randall Parker said.

Nobody was home when the fire happened, and the owners went across the street to call 911 when they returned home.

The homeowners told investigators that they used the dryer late Thursday afternoon.